Ratings for Dr. Harsh Kumar

I feel that Dr. Kumar discriminates against Medicaid patients. I was referred to him for a longtime health issue that is usually treated by corrective surgery. During my two appointments, he mentioned I'm a "medicaid patient" no less then 5 times. On my first appointment, he prescribed a medication in lieu of surgery. Fine, I understand that. However, after keeping a journal of my ongoing issue and informing him that this medication was not decreasing my issue during my second appointment, he dismissed everything I had to say. He saw me for 5 minutes tops. He did not examine me, run tests, or even look at my journal that he asked me to keep. He said I would benefit from surgery, but because I cough, I am disqualified. Seriously, that was his exact words. When I directly asked if it's because of my insurance, his response was, "Well.. we are more limited due to Medicaid." This is B.S. - Medicaid does cover this surgery. He just did not want to deal with it, I feel.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

IMHO, the doctor is wonderful--unfortunately, his employees are arrogant, rude pigs. Of course, they could not act that way without Doctor Kumars permission.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2007

Dr. Harsh Kumar's Credentials

• Kgs Med Coll, Univ Of Lucknow, Lucknow, Up, India (Grad. 1963)

Tufts Health Plans