Ratings for Dr. Todd S. Giese

Went to him in extreme back pain. His "solution" was that I needed to eat a plant based diet and lose weight. 3 months later I have been diagnosed with Psoriasic Arthritis - and am finally on medication. Not only was Dr. Giese unhelpful, & not knowledgeable he was downright RUDE - he handed me a flyer for his WIFE's plant based nutrition class. He's completely lost his mind. Prior to this appointment he had been our family doctor for 23 years. So it's not like he didn't know us. I will never return there

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Rarely listens to patients. His explanations of what is wrong are virtually non-existent, as he just jumps straight to what he's prescribing and gives no actual prognosis. Has no respect for his patients either. We had 15yrs of experience with this man and we stayed because of the other doctors in the office. He was always a last resort if the other doctors were not available. We finally have had enough after his callous treatment of my wife.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Giese since 1995, along with my two daughters, at the time ages 6 mos and 11 yrs. His diagnosis are always accurate and he does not over medicate. This is vey important in this day and age. I have always known that he is a religious man, but his has never pushed his religion on me or my children. The other doctors are good as well, I have seen them all quite a few times. The desk staff does need improvement on their customer service attitude. They also have a tendency to schedule appointments too close together which makes the office constantly run a little late. I have never had an issue with the nursing staff, and have always received followups when required. Not all visits require followups. I would not have stayed with Dr Giese for 19 years if he wasn't a great doctor, my daughters are both adults now and continue to see this group. the oldest one has started bringing her own family to this group also. I'm not sure where those reviews about religion are coming from, but we have never even tiptoed around the subject in all these years. While they do have a pamphlets in their waiting room, you can most certainly ignore them if you're not that kind of person.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Giese does seem to take a while to establish a good dr./patient relationship that is trusting but he has eventually warmed up. He does use religion in his medical decisions and has even given me prayer books. Ignoring that, he is a decent doctor. The other dr.'s at the practice are nice too.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

He has no regard for anyone he his only worried about his own well being he did nothing to help my mother I found him to be very condescending when trying to talk and work with him regarding my mother. I would never recommend him to anyone he really should not practice medicine anymore.

Submitted September 5, 2014

Staffs are very rudes, not helpful when I'm done and staffs didn't asked to sign papers before I leave offices. They seem have no communicatins with their staffs. They don't have common senses how to handles their customers.

Submitted May 11, 2014

Dr. Giese has been my kids doctor since they were born (22, 20, and 18 years)when they were babies he was always available to answer questions and address my concerns. Now that they are young adults he listens to their concerns and treats them with respect. He has always been a wonderful healthcare provider.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

This Caring Family Picture show Dr. Giese's partners are very caring doctors. I feel this staffs aren't doing their jobs properly. When my husband called his office this lady staff don't know and transfer his call to Joy or Shellie. No one knows what he is talking about. Staffs have good English background but poor understanding their customers. I wonder why staffs still got jobs.

Submitted June 7, 2013

He was very nice and explained what he was doing, and the treatment he thought best.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

Ditto to the comments made by others here (i.e., referencing the complete disregard for reason of my visit). Bed-side manner is cold and discounting. We respect other doctors in this practice (Caring Family); but, two experiences now with Dr. Todd Giese have been beyond "not good". Simply, be sure to demand one of the other Dr.'s at Caring Family, when you go for a visit. Just as a note: we haven't experienced any religion based issues.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

Dr. Todd S. Giese's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Crystal Lake, IL