Ratings for Dr. Parmod Kumar

This doctor is not board certified ,has a bad temper and you can't question him about your own health care, doesn't spend any time with patients

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

My G.P. sent me to Dr. Parmod Kumar for a colonoscopy. A daybefore my consultation apt. his office staff called me and rescheduled. Two hours before the rescheduled apt. his staff called and cancelled again. My husband was in a meeting and couldn't be reached on such a short notice to not take off work to come sit with the grandchildren so I could go to this apt. He missed work for nothing. Finally the third time was a charm. After having done all the prep work required for a colonoscopy the day before my procedure, my husband drove me to the hospital. After arriving, they looked me up on the computer then took me up to the second floor and into a waiting room. Finally a nurse came to get me but not to take me down the hall to prepare me for my colonoscopy, she led me just outside the waiting room and began to explain to me that Dr. Parmod Kumar had called yesterday and cancelled all his procedures at the hospital for today. However his staff, for whatever reason failed to notify me of the cancellation. She apologized for the unfortunate circumstances and told me it was unacceptable that his staff failed to notify me before putting me through all the bowel cleansing prep work. She told me, if I I wanted to try to get in tomorrow for this procedure without having to repeat that unpleasantness I could remain on the clear liquid fast and the next morning show up at his office at 9:00 A.M. to see if he would be willing to get me in that day for the procedure but she said it wasn't a sure thing.... Nope, I'm done. I'll be seeing someone else.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Kumar for several years and he is awesome; has great bed-side manner. I can't say enough how highly I think of Dr. Kumar, hard to find a good, compassionate Dr. like him. I was very ill with Hep C and Dr. Kumar explained in detail the disease and the treatment he felt best for my condition (he explained both in layman's terms). He gave me great advice as to how to deal with the possible side effects and he saw me monthly for total blood work, etc. and went over every test result with me. I'm happy to say I'm cured of Hep C, the virus was eradicated from my system, I thank God and Dr. Kumar for healing me. I see him for any health issues or just regular check-ups and the service is great, as always. Thank You Dr. Kumar, God Bless You. Barbara from Visalia

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

I've never met the man. He was on call for my regular doctor when I had an extremely painful condition. I called repeatedly and got his answering service, who took my info and said they'd relay it to them. They must have gotten sick of hearing me cry on the phone over and over for hours. I eventually gave up hope that he'd ever return my call after about 7 hours, (he didn't), and went to the ER late at night. I could have eliminated hours of agony if he would just have told the answering service that he wasn't going to return my call. I hate to be vengeful, but it would make my heart feel good if he ever had to suffer to the degree that I did and for the length of time I did with no help.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Unfortunately, I'm very disappointed with Dr. Kumar who has been treating me since 2001 I feel extremely betrayed by him and has trickled down to his staff as well. Due to a unfortunate laperscopy fudoplication surgery that went bad at UCLA in 2004 (that he set up and which I do not and never have held him responsible for) I feel Dr. Kumar thinks I'm a liability to him and does not want to treat me so have removed myself from his care. I'm hurt and saddened by the treatment recently received by him and his staff. Cancelled appointments with no reason why or re-scheduled appt, appt to go over MRI results not received on appt date, 3 calls for a prescription in one day due to extremely painful hemorrhoids and no call back or prescription called in as told. I thought when a physician took an oathe to take care of his/her patient that commitment was honorable. I realize now I was wrong.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2008

flag | Submitted October 2, 2005

Dr. Parmod Kumar's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Tulare, CA