Ratings for Dr. Franklin M. Douglis

I am not a survey person, but I have never felt so compelled to leave a review. The only thing worse than an inefficient office staff is an incompetent Dr. Dr. Douglis has both. His staff is a mess. I waited close to an hour all 4 times I have been there. I had elusive neck pain. During my first visit, I even tried to help him do his job by telling him what tests I needed. He and his PA that he kept doting over said I had to do a modified barium swallow first. I begged to do a tandem neck CT at the same time, since I knew the barium swallow was worthless. They refused then actually wanted me to come back in for my worthless results. I refused because guess what I have a Masters and a brain too Mr. Douglis, and I'm not coming in for you to tell me I now need a CT when I told you that day one. So I get them to order a CT by my demand on the phone, except once again they have no common sense and order it without contrast. I didn't go to medical school, but even I know that a neck CT is only worth anything with contrast. 3 months go by during all these worthless tests. I finally go back in after all of them and Douglis starts pushing for food allergy testing. He is completely off base, so I spell it out for him. "My pain is not from food. It feels like a lump in my spine" At this point I have new pain radiating in my shoulder and arm. I tell Dr. Douglis I need an MRI. He tells me... Get this... "An MRI won't show anything different than a CT." At this point, he has attitude because I don't want to do his worthless allergy testing, and he has a pompous outlook. I bite my tongue because I know it is harder to go through the process with another doctor. I know all I need is his order for the MRI, and he is my puppet at this point. He grants it with resistance. Guess what folks? The MRI DID show something!!! It showed bulging discs and hypertrophy in my neck. At this point it has been almost 5 months of excruciating pain. So I went and picked up my results and didn't even give the great doctor the E&M visit to tell me "umm gee it's your spine and you should see a spine doc." I made my own appointment. I just hope you read this Mr. Douglis. I guess they didn't teach you in medical school there is a difference between a CT and an MRI. Please take note. That should be apart of doctor 101. I will never see you again, and I have already spread the word around the medical community which by the way I happened to be apart of. Horrible staff. Horrible doctor. Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

I only saw Dr. Douglis one time so far. I was very pleased with Dr. Douglis, his thoroughness, his actually listening to me. Very refreshing to have a doctor that listens. I didn't feel rushed, nor did he rush through the visit. I am encouraged that I might have found a doctor that cares about my health over many other patients he can see in a day. I am ver picky! He seemed concerned with the overall health of his patients. Thanks Dr. Douglis. Wished he were an "Internist"!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I have been taking my son to see him since he was 6 months old now he is 9. I will not take my child any where else when it comes to his ears, nose or throat. I have always had great friendly staff members when going there. They take there time and make sure you understand everything before you leave the exam room. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

flag | Submitted December 16, 2012

Some of the staff is rude! I sat for about one hour in waiting area. Once called back, I sat in examination room for over 2 hours. I had x-ray of sinus passages done, nurse sounded as if x-ray looked bad. Doctor didn't address my issues. Sent me to a sleep study for my sleep apnea and never followed up with me on the results. Did not treat me for what I came in to see him for. Tried to sell me a weight loss package. Never ever treated me for the illness that I went to see him for. I am very displeased with the whole situation. I will NEVER go back there again!!!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Douglis for about 7 or 8 years. He is the ONLY doctor who can get rid of my ear infections. Now he treats my sleep apnea. I had another doctor who didn't take the proper route to helping me with this sleep disorder. Dr. Douglis is double qualified to treat my sleep apnea. He is the ONE doctor I do absolutely trust with my life! Keep up the fabulous work Dr. Douglis! You are the BEST!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

He never seems that interested in actually solving my problem - only in giving me something to try, then making me repeatedly come back to try something new. Additionally, the last few times I was there, his staff treated me terribly...and when I tried to draw his attention to the fact that they were giving me inconsistent information, he wasn't concerned. I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2012

Terrible care. He was rude and the staff were not timely. The staff was not knowledgeable or helpful.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

Timely appointments and friendly, efficient staff. Dr takes his time, I never feel rushed, he answers my questions and explains what's going on. I appreciate his efforts and skills in handling my ear related problems.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

Went in for ear ache and muzzled hearing, waited hour and 15 min. he looked in my ears and said that I had a torn ear drum with a hole in it on left side, he asked his nurse to look at it. He gave me tests and prescription and I went home. A week later I went in again because there was no change in the ear ache and muzzled hearing. I waited hour and a half, he came in, looked in my ears and said everything was great...I said what about the tear in my wear drum...he said "you have no hole or tear in ear drum...but you told me I did and ran tests. he said that I had no tear and I was good to go. I said that I had no improvement since I last saw him. Still he said I was fine and should go home. No improvement, I believe he was not truthful about the hole in my ear drum, lots of tests and money is what he likes.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

Dr. Franklin M. Douglis's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

HealthPartners