Ratings for Dr. Mary Frances Haerr

This doctor seems to be both capable and caring at first. It is when she is questioned, or when you do not wish to participate in a procedure she recommends, or when you do not wish to take a prescription she prescribes, that the mask slips, and you get a peek at her true personality. When I expressed concerns about the side effects of a certain medication she wanted me to take, she lost her composure, and literally yelled at me as if I were a child. This happened on two occasions. She was eventually able to convince me to take this pre-surgery drug by making it seem as though the surgery would be extremely long and complicated if I did not. The drug did not work, and just made everything worse. In fact, I was unable to have the surgery because the drug injured me, which she, of course, denied. I later began to realize that these methods were patterns with her. Anytime I questioned, or, didn't want to go along with her plans, she would either get angry, or, say something designed to scare me into complying. I felt ignored, disrespected, and manipulated by this doctor. I didn't feel that she cared about me or my health. She only cared about running her own agenda. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

My former Ob-Gyn doc retired and my internist recommended Dr. Haerr. I was seen on time, facilitated by an extremely cordial staff member. The bi-annual exam went very smoothly. All questions were addressed thoroughly. I felt very comfortable and respected throughout the process. Her staff very patiently heped locate the correct address of a former doc so records could be sent. I would highly recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Went in for a new patient visit; I'd never seen this woman before. She spent less than ten minutes with me altogether, wouldn't let me talk or explain my concerns. Talked over me every time I tried to ask questions or try to give her important information that she hadn't covered in my medical history. Coerced me into having a (very painful) exam that I was not ready for and did not want to have. I was out the door before my appointment was even supposed to have started with a handful of new prescriptions and no idea what had just happened. Stay away from this doctor. I only rated her knowledge as "okay" because I didn't hear her say anything glaring wrong, but I didn't get to spend enough time to actually ascertain what she was actually saying.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Haerr for almost 8 years now and I think she is great! I have never had a bad experience. She never rushes me and always shows great concern for my well being. I have recommended her to many friends and they feel the same as I do.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Horrible, horrible experience.I had a procedure in office that was so painful, it was worse than childbirth. She was not knowledgeable nor concerned about my comfort during or after the procedure. My girlfriend was also told she was to fat and that her problems were all in her head.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

She is a very supportive and caring OB. Unfortunately she has a big case load, so it is tough to get an appt. I would definitely recommend her to any woman.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

I feel very comfortable talking to the doctor and staff. The doctor returns your call in a respectful amount of time. She takes her time with you so you never feel rushed. She will do follow up calls when necessary. She is very open minded and willing to give you options in treatment.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2006

Dr. Mary Frances Haerr's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1985)

Kaiser-Permanente