Ratings for Dr. James Gesler

Talked loudly, very impersonal, made fun of my weight, very uncaring.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

flag | Submitted September 16, 2005

Dr. James Gesler's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

James W. Gesler, MD, FAAOS Specializing in general orthopedics, adult joint reconstruction and total joint replacement, and spine care “My father was a research pharmacologist whose hobby was carpentry, and I really enjoyed building things with him in his workshop while growing up. Plus, I wanted to follow in his footsteps and achieve my doctoral degree. Orthopaedic surgery was very appealing to me because it would allow me to combine the challenge of problem-solving, my passion for building things and my enjoyment of interacting with people on a daily basis. I went on to complete residency training in orthopedic surgery and today offer my patients nearly three decades of experience. I find it personally and professionally rewarding to be able to help patients of all ages overcome a whole host of painful, often debilitating conditions and injuries. This allows them to regain their function and return to their normal activities. I make a point of educating my patients on their condition and explaining everything in easy-to-understand terms. I also try to provide them with the utmost compassion and empathy... every step of the way.” Board Certified: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Fellow: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, Case Western Reserve & Affiliated Hospitals, Cleveland, OH Internship: General Surgery, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, GA Medical Degree: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH Former Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon: Lieutenant Commander, Alaska Native Medical Center, U.S. Public Health Service, Anchorage, AK Member: Ohio State Medical Association, Ohio Orthopaedic Society, Wayne County Medical Society In his spare time, Dr. James Gesler enjoys being with his family. His hobbies include skiing, golf, woodworking, interior design and “playing with his tractor.” Dr. Gesler also takes an active role in the community. He has served 10 years (including three years as president) on the Wooster City School Board of Education. In addition, he has been the volunteer physician for Northwestern High School for over 25 years and is a senior active board member — and past board member — of the Wooster Rotary Club. He also served as a cabinet member of the United Way for several years.

• English

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1976)

• Sprained ankle