Ratings for Dr. Irene N. Wahba

This doctor fear mongered me. I don't want to go into details but she spent my entire appointment telling me all the bad things that could happen to me and my baby, even though I am in the 3rd trimester and have no health issues so far. Great blood pressure, no sugar or protein in urine. I am just measuring larger. I did not care for her tactics at all.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Everytime I have gone to this office, I have to wait at least 45mins before seen. The nurses don't call you back. After my test, I had to call to ask for my results...did not get a call back. Had to escalate, to talk to a supervisor. Got my partial result from the supervisor. A year later, found out that my paps were abnormal...only found out because it was abnormal this year...when I asked what was the result last year...apparently it was abnormal last year too...but I was not told about that. And got a postcard saying everything was normal. So...I would say be aware! They apologized...and admitted they dropped the ball...

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

I went to this MD due to a fibroid issue. I elected not to have a hysterectomy,as I had just started a new job and could not be out of work for 4 weeks. I was placed on Depro instead. This MD did not advise of all of the possible side effects - only weight gain. I have been on Depro for over a year. My weight has ballooned and my hair has fallen out. She tells me I need to make a life style change. Research on the net proves that this drug causes not only weight gain, hair loss, moodiness, etc. Additionally, other women have experienced the same issues as I have with this drug. I had to get a weave because my hair had fallen out so badly. If you go to this MD, do your research if she suggests a drug for your prior to taking her word for it. I have an appt. with another MD this morning. I refuse to take this drug any longer. I am not happy with this MD or the Women's Group.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Never saw the doctor. Arrived early for my appointment with my completed paperwork (as requested by the staff). Taken to an examination room and waited for over 45 minutes - never saw the doctor. Office manager offered no explanation for the wait... in fact, they seemed surprised I was still in the office.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Doctors are not informative of anything about the entire pregnancy. When test results come back they dont call you to inform you of the results and dont even tell you on your next visit. Doctors/nurses/staff have no communication with each other, so therefore have very poor communication with their patients.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

My wife recently had surgery (12/7/2009) by Dr Wahba at the Women's Center at UCH. Her professionalism, care, attention to detail was superb. We both HIGHLY recommend her and would use her again for any issue.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

I actually met Dr Wahba for the first time at the hospital the day I delivered my baby! She was great in surgery (c-section) and in follow-up. She also seems to be very sensitive and caring.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

I couldn't be happier with the service and The Womens Group. Dr. Wahba was helpful and reassuring through my complicated pregnancy and hospital bedrest. Wish I still lived in Florida so she could deliver my new baby.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

flag | Submitted September 27, 2005

Dr. Irene N. Wahba's Credentials

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1999)