Ratings for Dr. Frederic M. Ettner

I have never had a better doctor work with me. He spent an hour talking to me and working through a series of complex medical issues. He showed great compassion, empathy, and understanding that far exceeds any medical professional I have ever worked with for any reason. Then, when I needed to follow up with him, he did so actually answering my call back to him after hours.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

i am a physician myself and would travel for hours or wait for hours in his waiting room(if need be) to have the benifit of his insight and minimalist/ preventative approach to medicine

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Ran very late very often. Good bedside manner. Really great with infants, does alternate immunization schedule (which is why we stayed with him so long.) Was once charged $25 for a 5 minute phone call about something that should have been covered in my yearly exam. The people who wrote that he is punctual must be seeing a different doctor than the doctor Ettner I saw. Don't get me wrong , a great doctor is worth a wait. We were patients there for 8 years, including infancy of two children, and the wait was often between 30 and 60 minutes.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010

Dr. Ettner and his staff are the best. He takes the time to explain things to you and really cares about his patients. I drive about 70 miles to see him...he is that good.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

He rushes appointments and has issues when you ask him for referrals

flag | Submitted April 26, 2009

Dr. Ettner is a very caring doctor, but that's not the only thing you need in a doctor. Yes, he was absolutely amazing with my babies, he knows a great deal about breastfeeding and really helped me in that department since I had a lot of trouble. But when it came to treating me as the patient his diagnoses were innacurate twice -- not with anything difficult or exotic. He has a great bedside manner and knows more about complementary medicine than most, but I decided to change doctors because of these diagnostic difficulties. While it is not unusual for a primary care physician to run late, I found that he was usually running very late; and at a certain point I just decided to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. Ettner is a very caring doctor. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2006

Dr. Frederic M. Ettner's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1975)