Ratings for Dr. Robert Cywes

In the 4 yrs of having my lapband I had the best treatment & felt secure with a diagnosis when given.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I worked with Dr. Cywes in Jacksonville, FL. He lost his privileges to practice here for too many reasons to mention. He had total disregard to SOP's. Go to a qualified doctor!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr.Cywes has saved my life more than once. I trust him more than anyone. He is strict and tells you how it is, point blank. He is the greatest doctor I have ever met!!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

PLEASE,listen to your own mind & body. Dr. Cywes performed my lap-band surgery over 4 yrs ago. About 9 months ago I started advising him I felt "pinching" between my portal and band. He did a few test and then got in my face several times to tell me it was not the band it was because I was not following his "nutrition" information. He was VERY wrong! My band was removed 7/3/13 by a knowledgeable Bariatric doctor who advised me my band had slipped and had twisted around my stomach, & was on the verge of cutting of blood flow my stomach. Dr Cywes does not listen to his patients. HE only wants to brag about how many lap-band surgeries he has performed. I'm not the only one patient here in Jacksonville that is having problems & have to have our lap-bands removed because of various different problems. Most of us should NEVER have had the band. We should have had the "sleeve". IF YOU LOVE YOURSELF,find a Bariatric doctor that will fit you with the correct device & listen to their patients.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Dr. C did my lap band surgery. I was recommended to him by a friend, and I couldn't be happier with my choice. He and is staff are supportive, knowledgeable, and trustworothy. His bedside manner is reproachable, but he knows what he is doing and can give me the kick in the butt I need to stay on track with my weight loss. Don't be put off by his personality, he truly is the best.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

I HAVE HAD THE UNFORTUNATE AQUANTENANCE OF DR. CYWES IN A HOSPITAL WHO DOES NOT ACT PROFESSIONALLY AMONG HIS CO-HOSPITAL WORKERS. HE HAS BEEN AROGANT TO STAFF AND ACTUALLY SCREAMED AT THE STAFF MORE THAN ONCE. I WOULD NOT GO TO HIM ONLY FOR THAT REASON

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

very good with my daughter savana he fixed her reflux and hiatel hernia

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I have had my 3rd operation by Dr. Cywes. He is very responsive to questions, he is there for is patients. His office is overflowing with patients, but recently he has gotten a few new physicians to his practice. I hope the time wait wont be so long. One thing I must compliment him on is laying me out for not going by the lap band diet. I have been on many diets and he does keep me in line.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Dr. cywes operated on my son twice within a year. Once for an abscess that tested mrsa positive, and again for appendicitis. He is very knowledgeable and thorough and he takes his time with you and answers all your questions without making you feel rushed. He was always there for us whenever my son had flare-ups. I would not trust my son to anyone else. If he ever needed surgery again I would take him back to Dr. Cywes, he is an excellent DR. with a great bedside manner as well as a wonderful person, he has always been available when we needed him and I would recommend him to anyone who needs a good surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

He used an item to fix a hernia that had been recalled before my surgery!!!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007

Dr. Robert Cywes's Credentials

• Univ Of Cape Town, Fac Of Med, Cape Town, So Africa (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in West Palm Beach, FL