Ratings for Dr. Robert Cywes

It’s been a tremendous experience to have gone through this journey with my Doctor and colleague Dr. Robert Cywes. I am a very active surgeon and have been struggling with weight for many years. I have known Dr. Cywes for approximately five years and have seen his work and results with his and our patients up close. He is compassionate and non-judgmental with his patients. His approach to weight loss is more like a life coach. He is passionate about how surgery is just part of the solution and that a multidisciplinary approach is needed. He does not have a cookie cutter approach for this complex problem. After multiple discussions and dealing with the individuals unique situation he will provide them with different options. He has been involved in the care of some of my family members, friends, patients and has selected with the involvement of the patient the proper procedure for each individual. Personally, my options were a spinal fusion or a weight loss procedure. We had our discussions and got the gastric sleeve procedure done and have done extremely well since. It is ongoing process and life changing decisions must be made. But having Dr. Cywes on my corner and calling me out when I need it is comforting to say the least.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Not certain I would still be alive if not for Dr. Cwyes

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

I was introduced to Doctor Cywes over two years ago. Dr Cywes approach was logical and I had seen the results from others including himself. He made sure I understood the program and that I needed to create a mind set that would last even after the operation. I lost a total of 140lbs and am still keeping it off. The procedure I elected is the gastric sleeve and I no longer need diabetic medicine, blood pressure under control and cholesterol ok. Father Bernard Sheffield, OSB

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

Dr. Cywes gave me hope by explaining the whole issue with carbs and how they work as a food and as an addiction. With some basic understanding of how it all works I feel stronger and more able to change my life. I know he helps all his patients like this, almost like a mix of medical and personal therapy, and I'm better off for having found him. I know you'll be glad if you make an appointment!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I met Dr. Cywes on July 2017, when I had no where else to turn. I originally consulted with him for the gastric balloon. He taught me about Low Carb/High Fat eating (LCHF) or KETO. Today, I weigh 133.2! I started at 171. I eat more healthy foods, hardly any carbs and I feel great. I also run 5K races and never thought I could. I am still currently a patient of Dr. Cywes and learn something new with each visit. He takes the time (30 min approx) to teach you and is a great listener.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Dr. Cywes & his staff are incredibly warm & friendly. They are very accommodating as well.! The office is pristine and you are very aware you are in good hands. I would Highly recommend this office to any friends and/or family. Dr. Cywes will not tell you what you want to hear, but he will certainly tell you the truth & this is quite refreshing. Thanks for the amazing service!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Have worked with him for years- truly caring / knowledgeable and concerned about patient progress; approachable - wouldn’t refer patients to anyone else

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Dr. Cywes is a very dedicated, compassionate and skilled surgeon. His is very knowledgeable and took the time to answer my endless questions. I feel so lucky to have had him as my surgeon .

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr Cywes is an excellent doctor and surgeon. I highly recommend this doctor. Skilled, hard working, and honest - everything you want and deserve in a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Had lap lap band in 2006 weighed over 600 pounds lost 330 pounds with dr. Cywes. Remains my doctor to this day could not have done it without him and his staff he has always been there for me for anything needed fantastic Dr

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Dr. Robert Cywes's Credentials

• Univ Of Cape Town, Fac Of Med, Cape Town, So Africa (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal