Ratings for Dr. Risal S. Djohan

Dr Risal Djohan recently performed reconstructive surgery on both of my breasts following a bilateral mastectomy. I was extremely satisfied with the surgery and his care. He spent so much time explaining my options and was compassionate about my cancer diagnosis. He listened to what I wanted and answered all my questions. I am so happy I chose him as my surgeon. I could not be more pleased!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Stay away from this Dr. since he couldn't care less about the patient. I recently had an accident that left me with a huge scar on my forehead and I went to him to have sutures removed and ask for advice on future scar removal. He entered the room with a Physicians assistant who actually ended up removing the sutures since he couldn't wait to leave the room. To say he was in the room for 5 mins would be generous since it was more like 3 mins. As he hurried out the door I asked him what he would recommend for me to do to minimize scarring long term. He said everyone has scars and not to worry about it and gave me some moisturizer to rub into the scars and that was it. Seriously this is not what I expected when I went to see a Specialist, the Physicians Assistant had more compassion than this guy.I proceeded to cancel my follow up appt and rescheduled with another Surgeon at another facility, who came highly recommended. Why hospitals hire these type of uncaring people is beyond me.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011

The surgeon did not bother to talk to me about my case other than to say I was high risk. He refused me as a patient without referral until I begged him for one as he was leaving. I was in a desparate situation as a result of a previous surgery (in which he had assisted) that had failed. He demonstrated no concern for my outcome, suggested I return to the surgeon who had performed the failed surgery (who had already handed me off to Dr. Dhojan) and left.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2008

good doctor terrible followup after care of surgery

flag | Submitted December 20, 2005

Dr. Risal S. Djohan's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1994)