Ratings for Dr. William J. Petraiuolo

Medical staff in any doctor's office are hit or miss, that has nothing do to with the doctor. I appreciated Dr. Petraiuolo's direct approach. Day of the procedure, he communicated what would happen and talked with me through the whole time (which I appreciated). Doctors aren't here to deliver customer service, they're here to perform a specialty. So far, I'm satisfied with results.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

This Surgeon really knew his stuff! He took his time with me and my family to thoroughly explain (he even drew us a picture!) and answered not only my questions but my families as well. His staff was very prompt with returning phone calls and was very caring throughout the whole process. I would recommend This surgeon and his staff to everyone including my friends and family members.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Very rude, lacks empathy. Would not suggest any one too see him.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Was able to fit me in at the last moment. Staff isnt very friendly and his nurse is difficult to understand. The doctor isnt Mr. Personality and seemed a bit smug, but took care of the problem thoroughly.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I came into the ER at Lake West Hospital. This doctor was assigned to me. I had to have my gallbladder removed. He was very helpful and very concerned about my going home, he kept me in the hospital for a few days until my white blood counts were down and I was ready to return home. He explained everything to myself and my husband both before, and after surgery, as well as, before I went home. I would recommend this doctor, my incisions are healing nicely and they are very small. This doctor is more than capable and if he could remove my gallbladder with just a few incisions verses opening me up (which I thought would be easier for him)with as bad as my gallbladder was it just shows he has talent and the knowledge to be the surgeon he is!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

Agree with the last person's comments. Unqualified and uncaring.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

was unqualified to do my intestenal surgary

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

This Doctor is an excellent surgeon and unlike other surgeons, is also very caring and understanding. He takes all the time needed to explain any procedure that you will be having and thoroughly explains (sometimes with drawings) exactly what your surgery entails. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2006

Dr. William J. Petraiuolo's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)