Ratings for Dr. Barbara I. Petty

I see another doctor at Seaview (although we will be switching). I called the after hours pager on a 3-day weekend and Dr. Petty was the doctor on-call. She did not even bother to call me back, she had the switchboard operator call me back to relay that she could not help me. End of story. She should NOT be practicing medicine if she can't call and talk to a mother. Shame on her.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012

This doctor is the worst ever and should not be practicing medicine. She misdiagnosed my child and she nearly died due to her negligence. There are many great Pediatricians out there. Dr. Petty is not one of them.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

I switched to Dr Petty when my son was born in Jan. 2010. I am extremely pleased with the service she has provided us. Dr Petty now is the doctor for my three kids. She is very knowledgeable and answers any questions that you have. I also like that I do not feel rushed during our visits. I would like to also add we were weary about some vaccination that the kids needed to have, when I brought the issue up I felt she was open to my suggestion of spacing apart some of the vaccinations. That type of care is important to my husband and I, we want to have control of the decision making when it comes to our kids health. The staff in the office is also welcoming and friendly you are always greeted with a smile even when they are busy. I would highly recommend her, your kids will love her warm personality and warm heart.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Our child had a slide accident. Dr. Petty looked at the ankle and not the whole leg and only ordered 1 xray of the ankle and not the whole leg. Called after 4 days of our child not walking and the initial visit and was told to call back the end of the following week if the child isn't walking. After two weeks of no resolve and another appointment to the doctor and our child not walking -finally sent us to an orthopedist doctor who figured it out immediately upon hearing about the accident. Did the xray and put the cast on our child. Would not recommend unfortunately.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2010

Most peds are kid friendly but Dr.Petty did not attempt to form a relationship upon entering the exam room and was not tolerant to a crying 2 yr old, which I thought was odd. I would not recommend her, she clearly does not enjoy her job.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

she told us our daughter had kidney problems when she just had thrush and would not take a bottle b/c it hurt her to suck, thus she was dehydrated. besides she put her own child thro surgery that was unnecessary , can you sue your self for malpractice? and yes this is true.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

During my visit I felt that I was treated horribly.I would NEVER recommend this doctor to my family and friends.I felt this visit was a complete waste of time and money.Overall I would rate this visit : AWFUL!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2005

Dr. Barbara I. Petty's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal