Ratings for Dr. Arvey M. Stone

Whenever I see him for followup visits, Dr. Stone listens to my concerns even if they have nothing to do with my emphysema, such as my hypothyroid symptoms. He gives good advice, he asks pertinent questions, and he answers questions without hesitation, with no beating around the bush even if the answer would be disturbing. When I first met him during my hospitalization at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, IL, when he was called in as the consultant pulmonologist to treat my newly-diagnosed mild emphysema, I thought he was cold and aloof. After the third time he saw me in the hospital, however, I knew that what he was was efficient, that he didn't waste time on trivialities, and that he had a dry sense of humor that showed in the twinkle in his eye. I had worked for and with doctors for almost 50 years before my retirement and Dr. Stone is right up there in the top 10 physicians that I admire for their knowledge, their expertise, and their relationships with their patients.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr. Stone is knowledgeable but I would not recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted May 7, 2011

Dr. Stone is a wonderful, compationate, and kind doctor who spends a considerable amount of time with his patients. His wry sense of humor quickly dissapates any nervousness a new patient may feel. His office staff is efficient and welcoming. The biggest problem is trying to schedule an appointment--you have to wait a good three months. Overall, the quality of care is excellent.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2006

Dr. Stone is a kind and compassionate physician whose field of expertise is pulmonology. He is a very good listener who spends quality time with his patients. His low key demeanor, wry sense of humor, and ability to explain medical language in basic terms makes him an asset to the staff of Lutheran General Hospital. If the need should arise, I highly recommend Dr. Stone and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

Dr. Arvey M. Stone's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Delta Dental