Ratings for Dr. Gary E. Schaffel

Terrific bedside manner, rapport with hospital staff and other doctors, willingness to go the extra mile to search out successful solutions to my problems. Takes time to know me and my condition. Successfully helping me confront my weight problems with meaningful suggestions and strategies I can try on my own. Few doctors I know are good at dealing with emotionally charged but vitally important public health problem. Like a dog on a bone, he pursues any of my complaints with concentrated effort. He does not stop until he is satisfied that everything has been done to improve it, or eliminate it, but when necessary, he also is great at helping me live with the limits of a serious chronic condition. Very positive, forward thinking attitude. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Dr. Schaffel is a fine internist and is very thorough in his diagnosis and treatment. His recommendations (when followed) will help your health and longevity. We don't always agree, but he is the best internist I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Both Dr. Schaffel and his staff have been wonderful! He is very up-to-date on modern research and ideas, and really takes his time in my appointments. I like that he listens to my ideas, concerns, and questions. His staff is friendly and helpful- I always feel comfortable when I'm there. I would highly recommend Dr. Schaffel!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Very bright and patient. Will go the extra mile to make sure a patient is treated properly. Great bedside manner and willing to do the research to resolve health issues. Well connected in the health care community.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr. Schaffel is arrogant and rude. Swore in the office visit and made personal phone calls in front of me. His prescription for me and my problem was to just eat less! Highly unprofessional!!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

I would not go to this doctor. He was not helpful but was rude in my office visit. I could tell he had somewhere to be and my appointment was keeping him from whatever it was.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009

Dr. Schaffel and his staff are excellent. Dr. Schaffel is an excellent diagnostician and follows up on tests. He suggests experts in the field for my particular problems and they are all excellent also. He is very caring and puts me at ease in all settings. I highly recommend Dr. Schaffel and can't believe anyone would have a complaint about him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

I would NOT recommend this MD! He was unwilling to thoroughly investigate or recommend the testing necessary to determine the cause of my problem even though it was covered by insurance. I went to another MD who did the test, diagnosed and quickly treated me. I found this MD flippant and arrogant.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2005

Dr. Gary E. Schaffel's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Lake Forest, IL