Ratings for Dr. Matthew Kacir

Compassionate and kind pediatrician who takes the time to explain everything and put my children at ease.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Without getting into the details, Dr. Kacir saved my son's life. It is because he is so thorough. It is because he orders the right labs and studies that a cancer that would have been fatal was caught and he got the treatment he needed.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

We've been seeing Dr. kacir for ten years and have enjoyed every visit. He always runs in time. He is the most thorough pediatrician we have ever known. We highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Dr. Kacir is an excellent pediatrician. He is kind and caring. He is very thorough. I am so happy with him and his care.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Dr. Kacir disrespected my two year old, because of our medical background. He was very rough and made him cry. It was very unnecessary, to treat a child in such a way. He was rude to me and my husband, and no then proceeded to go to his office and talk very loudly about us. I will not be allowing to treat my children again.

Submitted June 5, 2017

Great doctor. Always runs on time. Always informative. Always energetic

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I strongly advise seeking a different pediatrician if you have an infant or child unable to speak for themselves. Dr. Kacir put my 10 day old son through painful diagnostic testing for nothing. He claimed my babie had bilateral ear infections. It was an 85° day and he was screaming as the dr. was checking his ears...they would appear red. My son didnt have a fever or fussiness. I was told to take him immediately to ER he was very sick possible meningitis. He ordered a spinal tap on my healthy 10 day old son. Also during his exam the Dr. squeezed and bruised my sons nipples checking to see if they lactated. This is an affliction 5% of infants have and it isnt something your suppose to manipulate or squeeze. I still dont see the point of why he did that. Palpitate is one thing squeeze and cause bruising is another. Needless to say the Dr. failed to use common medical sense. Hot day crying baby= red ears. Flat nipples no breast buds doesnt mean squeeze them until you bruise them. All medical advice always states to never squeeze breast tissue you can force infection into the gland. I followed the Dr. advice and took my son to ER where he underwent unnecessary spinal tap at 10 days old. The following day ENT checked his ears no infection. His labs also backed it up. When confronted with those facts the Dr. still refused to accept he never had infection. His 5 day lab test showed no infection. I asked for his medical records to take to new pediatrician and discovered the Dr. made false statements in my sons medical chart stating I brought him in not for a one week check up but he had worsening congestion and a cough. I NEVER stated that. Also he made up amounts and times he feeds. To see that my sons medical chart had non factual information along with the incorrect diagnosis, extensive painful testing and the doctors own pinching and bruising during examination for no good medical reason has me wondering where the DO NO HARM part of the HIPPOCRATIC OATH Matthew Kacir has forgotten if he ever learned it at all.

Submitted June 2, 2016

Wonderful Doctor, very knowledgable, very personable. We are so grateful for his care.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

this dr. Is very aggressive with wanting to do multiple unnecessary tests on a healthy 3 year old and prescribing unwarranted and overly strong medications. When questioned and asked for less strong medication, I was told to find another pediatrician after the first visit. I've always liked the sick appointments here, but disliked dr. Kacir very much and his strange way of talking to the child while addressing the adult is very strange. He rushed through the appointment.

Submitted March 20, 2016

Great doctor. Always takes the time to answer all my questions

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Dr. Matthew Kacir's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Avon, OH