Ratings for Dr. Brian D. Steinke

I had a lumbar discectomy from Brian Steinke. He was kind of rude in my initial appointment, but he ended up completely fixing my herniated discs, so I’d recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2019

Absolutely incredibly talented surgeon. I am forever grateful for the successful 3 level cervical fusion he performed

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

Doesn’t care, He will spend 2 minutes with you and tell you he can’t help and denies your pain. Not helpful and rude

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

I went to Dr Steinke for my DDD, Spondylolisthesis, nerve issues etc.. knew exactly what I had through a blurry xray! Sent me for an MRI and then took away 20 years of pain with a spinal fusion. I recommend him to every body I know with back problems!! No pressure to do any unnecessary risky temporary steroid shots. He also had my family come in to explain to them how important it was that they all pitch In with helping around the house during recovery. Class A Dr!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Since day 1 of meeting Dr Steinke, I got a feeling of peace. He is very observant and attentive! Given that I feel very confident putting my life in Dr Steinke's hands. I trust him 100%.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr Steinke must of been drinking the night before my fusion of 5,6 &7. He hit a nerve and collapsed the bottom half of my lungs. Not only did my overnight stay turn into 5 days but no xrays were even taken at Delnor hospital to find out what was going on. I walked out of there and went to Central Dupage Hospital and they had me up and going in a few days. I now found out that the bottom part of my lungs do not expand and collapse fully because of his negligence. So, I now need more surgery. Good luck I would never let him at me again and I would never refer him. Oh, and by the way guess who is stuck with paying him for all of this because they make you sign a waiver. They don't give you all the information regarding the surgery, they piece meal it to you so once you start your screwed. I had no idea I would need 6 weeks off of work because you can't drive. You need a full time caregiver home with you because you can not even comb your own hair. Thanks Dr Stinke and no that wasn't a typo.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

For years I'd been suffering symptoms of spinal stenosis: weak and heavy feeling legs, poor balance, poor endurance, excruciating nocturnal cramps. I tried excercise and steroids with little success so my primary care physician referred me to Dr. Steinke who studied my MRI and recommended a 3 level Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion. (PLIF) which he performed in a 7 1/2 hour procedure at Central Dupage Hospital in Winfield, IL on January 12, 2017. I began walking the same day. I had surgical pain but my stenosis symptoms had vanished. Nine days later I was walking around the block and mostly off pain meds. Throughout my experiencence with Dr. Steinke he's been everything a patient could hope for: knowledgeable, personable, punctual, straightforward, generous with his time and obviously skilled with a scalpel and all the other tools that spine surgery requires. As a bonus, Dr. Steinke's staff is extraordinarily personable, helpful and efficient. In short Team Steinke receives my highest recommendation!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Beian Steinke performed an anterior and posterior cervical fusion New Years Eve 2015. I had my neck completely rebuilt. He is a genius, he is as nice a person as you will find, and he thinks outside the normal boundaries. I was quickly headed into a wheelchair. Today, I was released to almost full activities. He saved my life. His staff is as great as he is.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I had lower back pain for 7 years. This year, the pain got much worse. I had severe lower back pain, leg pain as well as numbness in my legs. When I visited Dr. Steinke, he spent more than an hour thoroughly explaining what problems I had and what my options were. We decided that the best option was to undergo a 4 level laminectomy. After Surgery, my back and leg pain as well as the numbness were completely gone. What stood out most about Dr. Steinke was the amount of time he spent answering my questions and explaining exactly what he was going to be doing. He and his staff were very friendly and courteous. I would definitely recommend him to anyone with back pain.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

flag | Submitted September 25, 2005

Dr. Brian D. Steinke's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1994)

GHI