Ratings for Dr. KARL T. Mersich

He is top notch in his field. I've had 3 others and he is by far the very best. He doesn't take any chances, he's very cautious and searches until he finds an answer to a problem. He is caring and spends as much time as you need. He felt I was high risk when it came to administering meds for a colonoscopy, so he arranged for an anesthesiologist to adminster the sedation. He also was complimented by another doctor for finding a condition that is hard to detect. That in itself may have saved my life as I'm now taking preventive treatments. Otherwise I would never have known.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

I can not say enough good things about Dr. Mersich. He has been my husband's and my gastroenterologist for many years now. My husband has bad reflux / GERD, and i have gastritis and IBS as part of an inflammatory arthritis. He is extremely knowledgeable. No matter what the problem is, he has good practical solutions that work every time. He is also compassionate and caring about his patients. He will call patients at home after hours to discuss important things, always. And he is very thorough. When my gastritis flared, he did an upper endoscopy, followed by a gastric emptying test, and ultrasound to rule out gall bladder, etc. When the IBS was bad, he did a colonoscopy. When he detected a few small ulcers in the illeum, he ordered a CT enterography to get a better look at the small intestine. When i complained about my vitamin D levels going down after a bout of diarrhea lasting about a month, he ordered a stool sample test. Thorough, Knowledgeable, Compassionate.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr. KARL T. Mersich's Credentials

• Semmelweis Orvostudomanyi Egyetem (Peter Pazmany Univ), Budapest (Grad. 1977)

AHC