Ratings for Dr. Mana K. Amir

I have worked with Dr. Amir for several years. I find her to be highly knowledgeable on the newest research and treatment options. Dr. Amir provides clear and concise communication not only with patients but also with families and staff. Participating in Multi-disciplinary rounds with Dr. Amir is always informative and educational. She often poses questions during rounds to educate staff on the newest research and interventions. Dr. Amir is never unwilling to have candid and difficult conversation with families and helps them to make difficult decisions. I feel that Dr. Amir is always easy to approach and is willing to go beyond what is expected for her patients. I would recommend Dr. Amir to my family and my friends.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

It is impossible to exaggerate our regard for Dr. Amir. My husband landed in her care when he developed a severe case of pneumonia on a trip to Breckinridge and had to be ventilated. We were so lucky that Dr. Amir ended up in charge of his case. She quickly diagnosed him with pneumonia, rather than high altitude pulmonary edema. She knew he needed to be on a respirator and explained why to us. But as my husband improved , she was great about testing how much breathing he could do on his own . She understood how eager we were to get back home to New York and did absolutely everything she could to make that happen -- helping us arrange for supplemental oxygen and even a ride to the train station -- while keeping my husband's medical needs foremost. Dr. Amir is so well regarded at St. Anthony North that other doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists and administrators told us that they'd do anything she asked them to. She is amazing, as a doctor and a leader.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

In the eyes of my entire family, Dr. Amir is the definition of a knowledgeable medical professional. In 2013, I wrote to the ICU director at the hospital where she served noting, donating and honoring her and her support team that went up and beyond. Her candidness and compassion is what we all seek at critical times. This doctor not only possesses the medical knowledge we prayed for but the additional emotional support that came with it was viewed as a true gift. Her communication skills added with her genuine compassion are rarely found in the high stress medical field. We didn't always like what she had to share but her honesty, integrity and concern was valued by all of us and was more appreciated than I can put in words. After all this, it is hard to put in words when a doctor saves two lives in your family, not by just applying medical tools and knowledge but by being truly caring and honest human being.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

Dr. Amir is both compassionate and knowledgeable. She explained my diagnosis to me in a way that I understood and also to my family. She also helped me to manage it in a way that I never thought I could. I owe her much thanks!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

Dr Amir is amazing. I had total trust in her knowledge in pulmonary & critical care. I always recommend Dr Amir when anyone needs a pulmonary consult.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

Very rude, she has to work really hard in her personal skills!!!!. Not pleasant at all. She should be in a field that does nothing to do with people.

Submitted August 4, 2012

Excellent physician, seemed very knowledgeable especially on the latest research pertaining to my diagnosis. I was very impressed with Dr. Amir! I would highly recommend her to any of my friends or family members.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2012

She is very direct. If you don't like that then she is not for you. But overall, she is really smart, caring and thorough. If you want someone to tell it to you straight, this is the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2012

Rude and brash, seemed too busy or irritated to explain things to us. Highly unpleasant experience.

Submitted March 21, 2012

Dr. Mana K. Amir's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Wheat Ridge, CO