Ratings for Dr. Blake R. Lambourne

My experience with Dr. Lambourne was the WORST experience I've ever had with a doctor. I was in excruciating pain, due to a very large ovarian cyst. and when I asked for something else to be done other than simply taking medication that was not helping manage my pain, he proceeded to tell me that "I had a low pain tolerance" and "I shouldn't be in pain" and I kid you not he said "YOU NEED TO BUCK UP" After seeing another obgyn at a different hospital, who realized the severity of my situation and I was in Surgery within 12 hrs of arrival. Not only did Dr. Lambourne fail to correctly diagnose me, but also to treat me with any compassion or concern. I would avoid this doctor at all costs!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I always scheduled my appointments on my day off, good thing too, since we would be there forever waiting for our appointment times. If you have questions and try to call the DR to get an answer don't hold your breath. I called as soon as the office opened one morning, 8:00, not being able to feel my baby kick, I didn't receive a call back until 1:30. I go to the hospital and my baby died. When I was told I would need to be induced, I insisted on waiting just to make sure there was no mistake. When I went back to the hospital I asked for another Ultrasound to make sure that I fact did need to be induced, he said "Somebody said something about an ultrasound? There's really no need, it's 100%. It was just a bad baby." On the hardest day of my life and he made it worse.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Love him! Yes the office runs late...but what OBGYN office doesn't? And think about why.....he is off delivery babies (the reason you are in the waiting room, right?! He delivered both my babies and I have no issues about him. His personality is awesome. I mean he is looking at tons of you know whats...

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Saw him once and only once. He was 2 hours late for the appt. No one told me why, just made me wait. He came in like everything was completely fine, not apologetic but making excuses about how all his patients are late and its not his fault. No thanks. Glad I found Dr Khowong instead!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. Lambourne and his staff are fabulous! I drive an hour to see him and believe he's worth it! Yes, he runs late, but I don't know of any OB offices that don't. When a delivery happens, all else must drop. I'm sure some patients had to wait because of my delivery at 8:30 am. Dr. Lambourne is knowledgable and humorous, which really helped relieve my anxiety during pregnancy. I, also, referred my cousin's wife to Dr. Lambourne and they who will now also be delivering their second child. My cousin and his wife echo my sentiments about Dr. L.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

Dr Lambourne is absolutely amazing. If you are looking for an OBGYN with knowledge, excellent bedside manner, great personality, warm and friendly disposition, pretty much everything possible in a quality health care provider, look no further. He has delivered both of my children and performed multiple surgeries with only professionalism and excellence.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

eh.. not great. Long, I mean LONG wait times. He is not great at explaining the various tests and test results of pregnancy and is sarcastic at inappropriate times. Dismissed my symptoms as normal aches and pains of pregnancy, when I was a text book example of having gallstones.It happens in about 12% of women who have children, he should have know it comes with some pregnancy's and pointed me in the right direction. When we found my baby was breech he didnt explain anything about it or give me any options he just said "well we'll do a c-section", like it was no big deal. Well it might not have been a big deal to him but it was to me. If your looking for a c-section he is your man.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2008

I should start by saying I have never rated anyone or anything poorly ever. My wife and I were referred to Dr. Lambourne by a friend. My highest priority was that the doctor have the committment to be there for the delivery. Unfortunately, this didn't happen. My wife waited no less than 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours for each and every visit. Average wait time around 45 minutes. Many times, we explained to the doctor that my wife delivers quickly. The day of the birth, my wife progressed quickly and the nurse called and let the doctor know. He said he would be there within 10 minutes. His office is next door to the hospital (shares the same parking lot). He arrived 35 minutes later and our baby was not able to wait that long. His half attempt at an excuse was that he had a patient that miscarried and he was consoling her. He couldn't even call the on staff doctor and the nurse delivered the baby. No time for episiotomy and wife tore. He at least stitched her up.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

He is an amazing OB. He is worth the wait. He has delivered all three of my kids and has been my OB for 7 years.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

flag | Submitted September 26, 2005

Dr. Blake R. Lambourne's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Healthnet