Ratings for Dr. Karolina Adam

She and God is the reason why I have a beautiful princess . She such a good doctor ,knows what she is doing. Excellent high risk doctor.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

My daughter, Faith, is 17 and she would not be here today without Dr. Adam. I was high risk and had emergency surgery to save her at 16 weeks. Faith was born at 37 weeks weighing 6lbs 14 and it was an emergency delivery. We went in to our visit and Dr Adam said go straight to the hospital, we are delivering now. I didn't know it but I lost all of my amniotic fluid . Our 3 yr old daughter was with me and needless to say my husband made I to Women's from SA in 2 hours! Faith was not breathing and had the umbilical cord wrapped around her when she was born. I did not know it . Dr Adams took control and immediately I heard Faith crying. I did not know until hours later that she was in distress when I delivered. Dr Adams is fabulous. Faith's middle name is Carolina !!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

I am pregnant with triplets and Dr. ADAM has been very honest about what she expects from my husband and i to ensure the babies are born healthy. I had issues when she said i had to gain weight and minimize my excersice and then stop all together at 20 weeks , because i am a health freak and refused to gain weight. Obviously she knows best and shes for the baby my wants and needs didn't matter if it was going to KILL my children. I love that she has the guts to speak with authority no matter what we (the parents ) think is best. I'm grateful to have such an honest and blunt doctor. In delicate pregnancies, she's definitely the best!!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

This Dr is always late. ALWAYS!!!! This is how long I've been waiting for each individual appointment so far. 1 hour, 3 hours, 1.5 hours. These times do not include the actual time the doctor spends with me. The staff say this is just how it is because their a high risk clinic. Staff are abrupt and rude. The doctor might appear knowledgeable but lots of doctors are knowledgeable. Bed side manner is horrible and she rushes everything. She practically yelled at me for being underweight (which I'm not my BMI is in the middle of the normal range) and accused me of having a inadequate diet. Which I am certain I don't. I will be finding a new high risk OB because there has to be better options than this dr and clinic.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr. Adam is truly an amazing high risk doctor. She has been my doctor along with my regular OB for five pregnancies! I can say without a doubt she is the reason my oldest child is here, and has seen me through some pretty rough pregnancies since. I have never minded waiting o her, she is worth it! I have never trusted any doctor more. She is a God send.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

You may here many negative comments about Dr. Adams being late, but the truth is, she doesn't just work in her office, she delivers babies throughout the day, she also works all evening at the hospital. I spent almost a month in the hospital under her care, and she is always on duty. She even spends the night there, and still has work in the office the next morning. I also hear people complain that's she's late, but I'd rather wait on her because she's simply the best at what she does. She's blunt and honest, but she will save your life!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I initially began my prenatal care with another DR, but then my pregnancy got complicated, and I was referred to see DR Adam. The main concern was that my baby at 25 weeks was three weeks behind size and stopped growing. DR Adam took her time with me and conducted the ultrasounds herself to figure out what was wrong with the baby. Well she figured out that the placenta was no good. I had reverse diastolic flow. Therefore, the baby was not being properly nourished. Also, IUGR, low amniotic fluid, and my blood pressure was through the roof. I had to be admitted to the hospital. I delivered my baby at 27 weeks. My baby only weighed 1 pound and 2 ounces. Now, Dr Adam was very honest, and she did say that may baby was way too small and most likely would not make it. But she assured me that she would do everything possible for us to be fine. While being in bed rest at the hospital for a week, my baby's heart rate started dropping. I could tell that it was a very hard decision to make, to either leave her in the womb longer (since she was too small) or take her out and let the baby fight in the NICU. Either way it was a risk, but DR Adam did not risk my baby passing inside of me. She quickly scheduled an emergency c-section. Her quick and smart decision making saved my daughter. My baby girl spent 3 months in the NICU. Now she is almost 2 years old and healthy! Thanks to God, Dr Adam, and the Woman's Hospital of Texas NICU staff.Definitely recommend her. I'll go back to her again if I have another baby in the future.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Adam is not your feel good doctor. She knows her stuff and she's going to tell you how it is. If you're a high risk pregnancy then the majority of your news isn't going to be all that great. But she will see you through and fight for you and your baby. This woman has had a hand in saving so many lives, moms and babies. She can be blunt and sometimes be on the phone consulting or making decisions for another patient while in your appointment but she is worth all of it. I don't live in Houston any more but I told my husband if our third pregnancy needs a high risk doctor that I'm moving back to Texas for Dr. Adam. Pregnancies are emotional especially when they're high risk, but put aside your emotions and do what's right for you and your baby. Go see Dr. Adam.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

She is a dr. She is the most amazing doctor you will find for your high risk pregnancy. Yes, she is blunt and to the point, but thats truly what parent's NEED in difficult situations like that. Don't sugar coat it so that I am miserable when I find out the truth, give it to me straight! And thats just what she does. She saved my precious boys, and I will forever feel indebted to her!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Horrible and sarcastic doctor. Doesn't know how to interact patient. Always in a hurry and don't care about how you feels.. I would never recommend her and I'm changing my doctor right now even though I'm due next month. She's not worth keeping for.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr. Karolina Adam's Credentials

• Spanish

• Medical College Of Pennsylvania (Grad. 1983)