Ratings for Dr. Alan J. Rechter

Dr Rechter is a great Dr. and knows his business but his office policies prove he does not care about the patient. I need a should procedure done and have been going to him over years as well as refering him to frieds and family. I have met my deductable and all out of pocket expenses for the year and can get this surgery done free to me as insurance will pay in full. Because his PA is not covered under my plan and would be out of pocket, they are requiring me to pay 350.00 up front for her to assist him in the OR even after my insurance verified with them that she is cover 100%. They will offer a refund once they are paid. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I explained i have been unemployed for sometime due to Oil and Gas industry layoffs and can't afford the 350 right here at the holidays but would like to get it done now while free. Nope makes no difference if i am long time patient or if 100% payment has been verified. Will be reporting him to my insurance and maybe the med board. Heartless uncaring office including Dr Rechter. He knows what is going on in there. Sad really because he is a good Dr. guess the God complex is real with this one.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I went to Dr Rechter for knee pain. I was bone on bone and the x-rays said my left knee was worse but the pain was in my right knee. He said he treated symptoms not x-rays. He tried a couple of different options and we came to the conclusion my right knee was worn out. I am going in for surgery next month. He is caring and compassionate. He has done several co-workers surgeries with great results. Good MD, I trust him!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Good at what he does but not very informative with questions. Wants his money, no excuses, no payment options besides in full.. Wouldn't see me after he put hardware plate and screws to (prosthetic elbow joint) . To repair point blank 12 gauge shot gun wound at Memorial Hermann trauma unit. Great orthopedic Surgeon but not so much a good person. Only Doctor I had that wouldn't follow up with his work due to not being paid a past balance in full.. No payment plan or any other options. Staff was very unhelpful and uncaring with no help so I could remain a patient. Hard to get other orthopedic doctors to want to touch it. But I really don't want to go back to a Doctor and his staff that refused to help me or care about my recovery after extensive reconstructive surgery . Not my idea of a Doctor and caring for their patients and success with the hardware they installed. A doctor I went to not by choice but because I needed his experience in a life or death situation. I am greatful but don't feel he cares for his patients unless he gets his money.. I would definitely look around before choosing him as a surgeon . Although he is definitely well known for being a good orthopedic specialist , not a great choice overall..

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

The wait is always more than an hour! They overbook the patients and make sorry excuses for the delay.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I had total knee replacement surgery on December 1 2015 I am doing great everyone I've encountered has been great I'll probably have to have my right knee done as well and i wouldn't let aanybody but Dr R do it

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

TERRIBLE STAFF WAITING MORE THAN 95 MINUTES, LET THEM KNOW ABOUT LEAVING, THEY DIDNT CARE IF YOU NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION GO TO A PROFESSIONAL THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR NEEDS,, IMAGINE If this the presentation, what is the good bye

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Friendly knowledgable doctor with great hands. He follows MMA and takes care of many high level fighters

flag | Submitted January 26, 2013

This is a horrible doctor, a HORRIBLE staff and I will NEVER go there again. They only care about $$$$$$$$! I have good insurance and they couldn't get my ins verified so wanted all the $$ up front to file to the insurance. They will NOT give me my $$ back. They have a person Lucy that is the RUDEST person I have ever encountered. I said I was going to complain to Aetna and she says... go right ahead. Well... I'm doing just that!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Dr. Rechter has been awesome with my knee care. Back in 05 I had gone to 3 different orthos due to knee pain that would not go away. The dr's prior did little to nothing and just said I had nothing. Dr. Rechter went in and put me on physical therapy for 2 months to see if that would help. He then did some kind of tape therapy to see if my knee cap would push back over. When THAT didn't work he finally decided that surgery was recommended as my condition was not improving. I ended up having some kind of an extra ligament pulling at my knee cap that didn't show up in MRI's. I am so thankful for his help. ALSO 4 years later, I tore my mcl/acl during a soccer game. He refused to fix it until I had insurance because of the cost. I will finally (hopefully) have my acl fixed in the next few weeks and he will definitely be the one to do it!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

Dr Rechter gave me the best treatment available. He was the THIRD doctor I saw and diagnosed me what I already knew. It was a common knee ailment and he fixed it up with minimal invasiveness. I have no complaints, never had to wait and will see him again for my other knee. UT Physicians didn't even look at the MRI's. I am very happy. Lucy Mitchel

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Dr. Alan J. Rechter's Credentials

• Spanish

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Commercial Insurance Company