Ratings for Dr. John Carter

excellent Dr. cares, is thoughtful and kind. USF is a bureaucracy so you may have trouble with office logistics, medical records, etc...

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I have not had a good experience. I waited 8 months for my initial appt. and have not received treatment that I am particularly impressed by or comfortable with. I have made multiple calls over the past several weeks and have not received a return call. I am not able to take the medication he prescribed due to side effects and was told to call if I had problems.. When I first called about the medication problem I was offered an appt. in 5 months. I had to tell the girl that I was already scheduled in 3 months, that I was calling for an urgent appt. An urgent appt. never happened, I am still having problems a month later and now my calls are just ignored. I was told that this dr. only sees patients one morning a week. He is primarily a researcher and it appears that this minimal time allotted to patients is for the convenience of recruiting research subjects. When you have to wait 3-5 months for an urgent appt. your dr either has too many patients or needs to allocate more time to patient care. He is pleasant enough but I don't need a friend I need a doctor that will respond when I am having problems with the treatment he prescribed. I cant recommend that anyone subject themselves to this. When you call you cant even talk to a nurse or receptionist in the department; you are connected to a call center to leave a message.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Carter gave me an appointment 7 months after I called to make an appointment. He cancelled for his convenience and wanted to make an appointment 7 months later. He does not care about his patients and is definitely NOT worth waiting for.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Dr. John Carter is a very intelligent,detailed,kind doctor. He is always very patient and understanding with me. I am the "keeper of the temple" he is there is help me keep it in the best condition that we can. As we all know pain is very subjective along with the other issues within his field of expertise, he is good at keeping me going. I travel from GA to keep my appointments & treatments with him. I will continue to travel to ask him to treat me with his knowledge & skill. I hope Dr. John Carter gives to USF , his students, staff and his family, likes he gives to his patients!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I have been with Dr.Cater a long time and have felt I have received excellent care. I am a complicated case and like some of the others I am feeling as if I have bee given up on. I have had some significant changes on tests and I can't even get in to see him for 4 months and for an established patient I find that unacceptable.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Dr. Carter is VERY thorough and takes his time with you. I always feel as though he listens and cares.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

I was a very complicated case and he did try things on me but he also dropped the ball on me... He wasn't even dictating and sending my other physicians who were involved notes nor was he calling other physicians back when they tried to reach him regarding my case after he just gave up on me.....So congratulations to all of you he cares so much about but he surely picks and chooses. I don't find that fair or professional and I was a very easygoing patient...

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Excellent Doc. Spends lots of time with patients and handles highly complicated cases. Great with autoimmune diseases.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I think this is one of the best doctors out there. Contrary to one of the above posters, I am a very complicated case and he has continued to try different options and is on top of everything. He is caring and gets to know his patients.I would highly recomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

Very bad experience with this physician. I felt humiliated becase of my mental problems he wrote my imaginary RA on my next to last H and P that my rheumatoid was all in my mind etc. even though the x-rays were crystal clear it was there. He diagnosed it as moderate to severe from the beginning and treated me as so He tried several medications on me and I had very adverse side effects some permanent and I feel that he gave up on me after that. He also sent me for a biopsy and never returned the physicians calls that performed the biopsy. He is very friendly but be cautious and make sure you get a copy of every report for every visit because not only after a very lenghthy appointment with many important subjects not only did he not dictate but never wrote in the chart even though during the visit he acted like he was writng though.This my last visit. Once you are a challenge for him he totally gives up on you with no explanation. Very sad hope everyone has a better experience then me.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2008

Dr. John Carter's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)