Ratings for Dr. Jose Erbella

I will try to refrain from typing a novel as this was a very emotional surgery for me. Dr. Jose Erbella did a phenomenal job on my lumpectomy last week. His bedside manner is unparalleled, and his thorough consultation before and after surgery instantly put me at ease. He worked a miracle, and I don't believe anyone will ever even be able to see the scar because of his precision and attention to detail. If anyone is looking for a surgeon in Bradenton I highly recommend you go see Dr. Jose Erbella. I trusted him instantly which is not common for me, and I thank him and his staff for such excellent care and talent in the medical field. From the first appointment to my follow up care, I have never been treated so kindly by a doctor in my life. Thanks again! <3

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

My experience with Dr. Erbella has been the most positive experience I have ever had with a medical professional. He expertly treated my perforated colon using laparoscopic techniques that avoided the need for a colostomy bag. Dr. Erbella took great care to explain the procedure to my wife and I. His confidence is addictive and he delivered as promised. Dr. Erbella and his assistant Jill Nash P.A. are not only exceptional medical professionals, they are caring, understanding and empathetic human beings that others should try to be.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Staff is wonderful. They just run very behind. They were an hour late last time.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Excellent surgeon and staff. Took care of me and family members in the past.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

I have a condition called "Gilmore's groin," which is also known as a sports hernia. I called and asked if he treated it and was told "yes." When it turned out that they didn't take my insurance I told them that my ins. co. would provide a waver and that I'd pay out of pocket and get reimbursed. The receptionist put me on hold and did not come back to the phone and I was disconnected. I immediately called back and the woman was right there to answer my call and said that Dr. Erbella never even heard of Gilmore's groin. So were they lying the first time and just wanted to churn me for the money for the visit or lying the second time because they didn't want to deal with a referral?

Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Erbella performed an inguinal hernia surgery with mesh repair on my son back in 2009, my son kept complaining about pain in the site, after ct scans etc. Dr said that nothing was wrong, finally again in 2009 he did a diagnostic laparascopy on him and said that everything was fine. My son woke up from the surgery screaming with pain, but no, everything was ok. After 4 years of complains and being ignored by Dr Erbella who also refuse to take the mesh out, in 2013 and 2014 my son has had 2 more surgeries performed by other surgeons for removal of the mesh to wich the pathology report says that he is "highly allergic ". That mesh has done a lot of damage on my son, and he still have health problems and pain because his body has been rejecting it for 5 years. All Dr Erbella had to do was listen to his patient and take him seriously. No one was doubting his capacity as a surgeon, but asking for his advise and expertise. dr Erbella's prepotency has endanger my son's life.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Excellent surgeon! He has a great bedside manner and is very skillful. He performed a gallbaldder surgery through just one small incision in my belly button and now i have no scar. I was back to work in 3 days. He has a wondeful support staff in the office.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Excellent. Dr. Erbella was very personable and informative. I am most pleased.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Love this doctor. Caring knowledgeable and competent.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2012

saved my life, and the nicest most careing dr. I ever had. Period!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Dr. Jose Erbella's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)