Ratings for Dr. John G. Ellis

Dr Ellis told me that I did NOT need surgery on my badly broken collarbone. I sent my xray to my family who works in the surgery ward back home in Canada. I was told I need surgery immediately and flew home. My collarbone was broken so bad that in the 2 days after seeing dr ellis it had fallen totally below the rest of the bone. My surgeon said he could not believe he didnt want to do surgery and it was the ONLY option. If I would have let it heal naturally I would have had problems for the rest of my life. I now have a plate and 6 screws. And 100% mobility and no lasting effects. Thank goodness.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

The doctor was completely condescending and lacks normal human empathy. He literally said that because my daughter didn't attend a local public school, but was home schooled through a local charter, that she didn't go to a "real" school, so he would explain the "big" words to us. When I asked what the light spot image on the x-ray might indicate, he off handedly said it might be a tumor, then said we'd take another x-ray in a month. To hear it might be a tumor was extremely distressing, yet there was no addressing of our concern and no explanation of what treatment this would entail if it were, in fact, a tumor. Instead, he told her to exercise her ankle to retain her balance. This after she had just told him that to stand on it caused her great pain.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

My son went to Inland Valley Emergency Wildomar Ca with extreme knee pain and unknown infection Dr. Ellis without running a single test decided to perform surgery on the knee and severed his quadracept tendon and tried to repare it without documenting his mistake or mentioning it to my son afterward. While in the hospital Ellis told him to try walking around and when doing so the stiches inside his knee tore and in unbelievable pain my son told the Ellis he felt a tear and Ellis assured him there weren't any stitches in his knee to have torn. After ten days of neglect from Ellis and the hospital staff he was sent home with a pick line and on strong antibiotics and pain meds. Still in pain and trying to walk as Ellis advised tore his stitches further. Finally after seeing a new Dr and getting an MRI found that he had a torn Meniscus and needs another surgery after that surgery was my son to know of Ellis's original mistake from an unnecessary surgery to begin with! Horrible man!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

Dr. John Ellis has performed 3 surgerys left and right meniscus and one ACL that i got while playing racquetball all surgerys went very well infact after both menuscus opperations i was back at my desk that afternoon the ACL if any of you watch sports is alot more severe and will take you out for the season i'm back playing racquetball and have no pain. all the staff are super nice and would and do recomend them my wife works for a near by hospital and knows the good one and all the bad ones and she say's he's the best of the best.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

worst doctor ever! performed surgery without medical necessity then abandoned patient in hospital for ten days and no knowledge of their illness or affliction!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2012

The best bedside manner. I am shocked about the negative remarks. This man is generous with his time and knowlege. The only negitive is that there is a very long wait the majority of time.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Came in with knee issues, left with a mental disorder. So now I have to leave 60 characters to explain why....add to that mental disorder.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Dr Ellis has performed 4 knee surgeries on me over the past 10 years. I have to say he has been nothing but professional. I have recommended him in the past to several friends and will do so again in the future.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

Visited Dr. Ellis with older athletic knee issues (ACL, PCL, MCL, Miniscus)that three prior surgeries had not corrected. Dr. Ellis fixed the knee. If you are an athlete that knows your body and communicate issues, this Dr. is for you. If you require bedside chit chat (beyond what is needed to diagnose your issue) or additional coddlng or are too time drivin not to allow for a bit of a wait to be treated by the best..then please recognize it as your shortfall..not the Dr's. FANTASTIC

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Dr. John G. Ellis's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Temecula, CA