Ratings for Dr. Alexandre W. Huin

Attempted to get more information from doctor about potential side effects from Testosterone therapy. He refused to provide the information. Made an appointment with another doctor at the practice in an attempt to get verification. He came to the appointment instead of the requested doctor and began haranguing me and wold not stop talking. I slapped the desk with an open hand to get him to listen. He escorted me from the building and banned me from the Duke Physicians network.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Huin is an incredible doctor. He is not threatened by knowledgeable patients and will always spend as much time as necessary to ensure he addresses all your concerns. He is interested in his patients and what they want, and he makes you feel very involved in your own care. He is unquestionable the best doctor I've ever had, and I've had many doctors. I would give him my unqualified recommendation.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I have been Dr. Huin's patient for 3 years and have a long, complex history of unusual medical problems. He is the best doctor I've ever had. He is collaborative, takes time to listen and actually ASKS for your opinion that you may be a participant in your own care. His sense of humor is ridiculous and he always makes me feel like nobody else is waiting for him. I am a difficult patient to manage, and he does it with compassion and competency. If he ever left this practice I would cry....really. He's that good.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Have gone to Dr. Huin for about 4 years now. Always feel as if he takes the time to listen to all my concerns and questions. Great personality and I have great confidence in him. He helps me to make a decision about my health care and doesn't dictate my treatment, but works with me to find the best solution for me and my situation. Highly recommended G.P Family Physician.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr Huin is a superb doctor, listener, and enabler of health. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. Huin has gone above and beyond for me one several occasions. He genuinely wants to help you and spends the time to listen to what is currently bothering you. I can't think of a better doctor. The fact that a patient would even take the time to fill out one of these reviews speaks volumes about his character.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr Huin had been my doctor for 6 years, and has been the best doctor I ever had. He always listens to me, and talks to me. He is very personable. He understands life, and people really well. I was reading some of these reviews on how he did not fill a prescription... Probably because they did not need a prescription for what they were asking for. He is not a stupid guy. haha he spent how many years in school. He is an awesome guy, and my son used to talk about how crazy his hair was. He asked me if he really wanted his hair to be messed up like that. Well he has been my doctor, and my kids doctor. I would hate ever loosing him as my doctor he has always helped me. He is a definite healer. If you want to go to a doctor just to get your controlled substances filled for no health issues find a doctor who doesn't care about you then you will get what you need.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr. Huin is the best Primary Care Doctor around. I would follow him wherever he goes!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr Huin is the best. He's very thorough, he listens, takes his time, has a great sense of humor. The staff is very good and I've never had to wait as long as I have at other places. I hope he stays!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Fantastic doctor. Very personable, great sense of humor, and tells it to you straight. I thoroughly enjoy my visits to Dr. Huin.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011