Ratings for Dr. Patricia A. Masse

Very professional,very knowledgeable. Went to see Dr.masse for abdominal pain that I have had for a year. my friend referred me to her and told me she would figure it out. SHE DID!!! I had surgery and I am pain free...I wouldn't go to anyone else,she is an amazing lady

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Dr Masse is very personable and easy to speak with.. Surgery went well and I am pain free today because of her..thankyou Dr. Masse

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Saved my life....she is an amazing lady... She is funny too!!! When I wanted to cry, she had me laughing !!!! She truly is an amazing person and surgeon...I am cancer free because of her...thankyou Dr. Masse.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Amazing surgeon...always does right by the patient!!! Tough as nails but truly a softie at heart...never left my bedside in Icu ...could hear her barking orders all night...just amazing lady!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Masse saved my life...she is awesome. I read some of her reviews on this web site and all I can tell you is that she is an amazing surgeon and person. Dr. masse will go above and beyond what most physicians will do.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

She is a brilliant surgeon Kama I would never take Stars away if she was late because her commitment to her patients goes above and beyond.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I was admitted to the hospital and assumed I was seeing a board certified surgeon for an advanced surgery. Masse was assigned the case and just never showed despite being at the hospital and seen by staff on site. She had me painfully wait without food/drink for over 23 hours until she showed up for all of 2 minutes. She ignored several requests/pages from the charge nurse throughout that day of agony. She suddenly showed up at night, answered perhaps 1-2 questions of mine, said I could eat, then left. I was not comfortable with how she handled questions nor her representation of her surgical ability. Masse lacks bedside manner, lacks of board certification, and was unable or unwilling to do less invasive techniques for the surgery. She seemed annoyed when I asked about board certification. I later found that she had sought out certification, but failed or was not approved. A surgeon can be licensed by the state, but can lack or even fail board certification and still work at a hospital as a surgeon. Its up to you to ask! She brushed it off, saying she does so many of these surgeries a week. She said the surgery would last 15 minutes and I could go home that day. I thought I was talking to a used car salesman at some points. This was alarming as I had other surgeons state that even an open surgery would be 1.5 hours-2 hours and I would need to stay another 1-2 nights after. I consulted with 2 other surgeons and elected to have the procedure with a different surgeon and done with minimally invasive techniques. I had a successful surgery and I am grateful. It is your job to interview your surgeon. Read reviews, Look at public records, court cases, tax liens, and past license issues. Its all relevant to your surgeons character in and outside the operating room.

Submitted January 21, 2016

was refered to dr masse from a general practitioner, general dr said i had an absess, dr masse claimed needed surgery for fisure right away, had surgery in oct for left side. after a month had same issues i had from the start on the right side, needed surgery AGAIN in dec, month later had exact same issues from the start! nothing fixed, complete waste of my $5000 deductable, time off work, recovery, meds, and nothing healed from 2 surgery's. went to a new surgeon who said i needed surgery again, but never had the fissure dr masse said i did!!!! my advice never go to this or ANY general surgeon, ONLY go to surgeons who have specific specialties. now im stuck paying another $5000 deductible because its a new year on my insurance plan.thanks for your complete lack of experience dr masse. NEW PATIENTS BEWARE

Submitted July 2, 2015

I just had a great experience. Yes, you may have to wait, but she delivers!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Excellent doctor a real pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Dr. Patricia A. Masse's Credentials

• Spanish

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 2003)

Centene