You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Patricia A. Masse

I was admitted to the hospital and assumed I was seeing a board certified surgeon for an advanced surgery. Masse was assigned the case and just never showed despite being at the hospital and seen by staff on site. She had me painfully wait without food/drink for over 23 hours until she showed up for all of 2 minutes. She ignored several requests/pages from the charge nurse throughout that day of agony. She suddenly showed up at night, answered perhaps 1-2 questions of mine, said I could eat, then left. I was not comfortable with how she handled questions nor her representation of her surgical ability. Masse lacks bedside manner, lacks of board certification, and was unable or unwilling to do less invasive techniques for the surgery. She seemed annoyed when I asked about board certification. I later found that she had sought out certification, but failed or was not approved. A surgeon can be licensed by the state, but can lack or even fail board certification and still work at a hospital as a surgeon. Its up to you to ask! She brushed it off, saying she does so many of these surgeries a week. She said the surgery would last 15 minutes and I could go home that day. I thought I was talking to a used car salesman at some points. This was alarming as I had other surgeons state that even an open surgery would be 1.5 hours-2 hours and I would need to stay another 1-2 nights after. I consulted with 2 other surgeons and elected to have the procedure with a different surgeon and done with minimally invasive techniques. I had a successful surgery and I am grateful. It is your job to interview your surgeon. Read reviews, Look at public records, court cases, tax liens, and past license issues. Its all relevant to your surgeons character in and outside the operating room.

Submitted January 21, 2016

dr.masse is not insured. and will not see you unless you sign a release.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

was refered to dr masse from a general practitioner, general dr said i had an absess, dr masse claimed needed surgery for fisure right away, had surgery in oct for left side. after a month had same issues i had from the start on the right side, needed surgery AGAIN in dec, month later had exact same issues from the start! nothing fixed, complete waste of my $5000 deductable, time off work, recovery, meds, and nothing healed from 2 surgery's. went to a new surgeon who said i needed surgery again, but never had the fissure dr masse said i did!!!! my advice never go to this or ANY general surgeon, ONLY go to surgeons who have specific specialties. now im stuck paying another $5000 deductible because its a new year on my insurance plan.thanks for your complete lack of experience dr masse. NEW PATIENTS BEWARE

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I just had a great experience. Yes, you may have to wait, but she delivers!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Excellent doctor a real pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Absolutely terrible communication with the patient. Did not answer her phone or return any calls despite being paged at least 6 times after my surgery by the nurses. She had poor tissue handling as well leading to excessive swelling after surgery. Would definitely request a different surgeon if you can.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr. Masse is an amazing surgeon! I was referred to her by my husband and his co worker who both raved about what a wonderful and talented surgeon she is. I was just as impressed as they were, she confirmed my umbilical hernia and scheduled me 3 days later for surgery. Dr. Masse already had 8 surgeries for that day and when I told her I would wait for another day she told me absolutely not. The office staff even commented to her about having 8 surgeries already and she said that it was ok. I have never met a more loving, compassionate and talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

I was already in the hospital with a severe breast infection when I met Dr. Masse, the surgeon on call. She was amazing! Very knowledgeable and caring. She took control of the case, called all the shots and made sure that I was taken care of. She's VERY busy, but still squeezed me in for surgery when my abscess had formed. It took a while for her to make her rounds because she was always in surgery, but I am sure that is somewhat due to last minute emergencies (like mine). Her staff set up my in home health care overnight. I had a picc line and an open, draining wound and I work in a germ infested school. She said NO WAY! to going back to work and she helped me extend my short term disability. I left the hospital and didn't have to do a thing. I haven't been to her office yet, my only interaction with her has been in the hospital thus far. She's a ball buster, but she gets stuff done and I like her! I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Best doctor in town, very caring, nice, compassionate.. Loved her would recommend her to all my family and friends,she helped me understand everything, answered all my questions, she is awesome and her staff very nice and helpful..

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Dr. Masse is by far the best surgeon around, I've never met someone, let alone a doctor who is as compassionate and who cares as much as she. I came to her very sick, she moved promptly and made sure I was comfortable. I would NEVER trust another surgeon, nor will I ever see another surgeon other than Dr. Masse. By far, the best doctor out there!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Patricia A. Masse's Credentials

• Spanish

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 2003)

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was admitted to the hospital and assumed I was seeing a board certified surgeon for an advanced surgery. Masse was assigned the case and just never showed des..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "dr.masse is not insured. and will not see you unless you sign a release."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "was refered to dr masse from a general practitioner, general dr said i had an absess, dr masse claimed needed surgery for fisure right away, had surgery in oc..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I just had a great experience. Yes, you may have to wait, but she delivers!"

November 10, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=124210'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.9

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Patricia" to "Patricia A."

October 20, 2013