Ratings for Dr. Judith P. Ford

I never look forward to seeing Dr. Ford and now I finally decided to look for a new primary. She can be cold, has an attitude and talks down to you. I was 5 minutes late for my appointment because I just had surgery and couldn't walk fast. There was also a line. The rude receptionist said :"You barely made it. A few more minutes and you would have been rescheduled." This is not the first time this has happened. She put me in the back of the line one time even though I had a valid reason. It is also difficult to schedule an appoinment when you need it. I don't know why I stuck with this office for a sometime. I used to see Dr. Amy Sparks, who was so caring, but unfortunately she is no longer with Health Care Partners.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

I saw Dr. Ford in July, and my experience was not as I had hoped. I arrived to my appointment on time, but needed to wait in the waiting room for my husband to drop off my son since we switch off on child care in the late afternoon. The paperwork to see any physician for the first time always takes a while, so I thought I could fill out my paperwork while I waited for my son. I was quickly told that I was already late to my appointment, and that if I didn't see the physician right away, she would not see me at all. I explained my situation and was still completing my paperwork. The front office staff member could not empathize, because, "Dr. Ford is very strict." I couldn't believe my ears when I was told this, and couldn't understand how a physician would simply dismiss their patient's needs. I further began to question how she would so adamantly run on-time as physician appointment vary once in the exam room. When I was called back, I was "encouraged" to have my husband wait in the waiting room with my son causing my husband to be late for work. I immediately felt as though Dr. Ford did not have any interest in me, and did not want to spend her time trying to understand what I was going through to get to know me as her patient.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Her office staff are less than helpful. Getting referrals & authorization submitted is a complete nightmare as they do not submit them in a timely fashion. Dr. Ford never has appointments available for same day or next day visits when you are sick and need to be seen ASAP. The wait time for an appointment is typically 1.5 months to 2.5 which in my opinion is completely unacceptable. She acts very aloof and lack empathy for her patients. Also, she has a tendency to talk down to you during exams.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Ford has a horrible habit of undermining a problem you're having. Whatever complaint you have she will make it seem like it's nothing. She even went as far as to insult another doctor for even ordering a test on me to check into my problem. The staff is friendly but overworked. Good luck calling the office. If you need to speak to someone or you need for something to get done you will need to drive there. Every time I call all I get is "we'll ask the doctor and call you back" but never once have I ever actually gotten a call back. Took over a month for them to get back to me with simple lab results. I think the problem is that Dr. Ford is not in private practice she works for HealthCare Partners and that company is simply all about money. Patients are not treated as individuals but rather as just another number.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Dr. Ford part-way opened the exam room door and said "Were you expecting to see me as your doctor today?"I stated when the confirmation call came I said Dr.Ford is not my usual doctor,but I will be there. After entering the room she seemed to be inconvenienced that she needed to see me. I told her quickly what had been going on since my hospitalization and that at discharge required I see a primary doctor.After she looked over my hosp , she stated I could have steroid injections into my spine or surgery. My husband asked "what do you recommend?". Her response was "I don't care what you do", those are your options.We are new to Las Vegas from Minnesota and this was our first experience with the health care system here and we were just following our discharge orders. She said, "The first thing you need to understand is there is no healthcare system here". We were then dismissed because she was running behind schedule.I will not being seeing her again,nor would I recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

I saw Dr. Ford two times. Both times she had such a terrible temperament I thought perhaps she needed to attend an advanced charm school. The first words our of her mouth were rude and she was insulting. I have never in my 76 years had such a reprehensible doctor. I have medicare and a supplement that pays the balance of charges. The shame of this is that medicare (the taxpayers) got ripped off, I received no care, and my insurance company paid all of the copays. I would truly like to have my money back. No one should be treated by this woman. I am a retired business woman with much success in consulting in the administrative management of companies. I carried a rating of GS-13 with the Federal government as an analyst. It would be good if she retired.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

DR FORD HERSELF IS VERY COMPETENT BUT HER STAFF MAY BE THE MOST INEPT BUNCH OF IDIOTS I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED. THEY SCREW UP BILLING AND WHEN YOU TRY TO CALL AND RECTIFY THE PROBLEM , THEY REFUSE TO RETURN YOUR CALL. IT'S A SHAME WITH THE HIGH RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT THE GROUP CAN'T FIND ANYONE CAPABLE OF DOING THEIR JOB.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Called the office 5 times asking for test results.After all these calls and waiting I was told that no results would be given over the phone. Dr. Ford does not make eyecontact when talking to you.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

She is generally very available and quick to answer questions. Somewhat opinionated

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Great Doctor, a little rushed, but knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

Dr. Judith P. Ford's Credentials

• Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Farmington Ct 06032 (Grad. 1997)