Ratings for Dr. Steven H. Lipsius

I have been seeing Dr. Lipsius for over two years and I am extremely happy with him. He will always find room to see you and spends as much time as it is needed with you. He returns calls promptly......a true professional that I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

I am gay. When I was in college I went to Steven Lipsisu to change my sexual orientation, to become straight. He told me that homosexuality is an "arrest in development," a sort of parenting failure caused by a cool, distant relationship with father, or possibly by a fear of sex with women, "vagina has teeth," as he put it. And Steven Lipsius told me that "Yes, it is possible to change," for gay people to become straight. And he told me these things consistently, repeatedly over a one year period. Steven Lipsius' "therapy" did not work, and was terribly harmful to me and my parents. Nothing Steven Lipsius told me about homosexuality turned out to be true, probably because it isn't supported by science. Homosexuality, I now understand, is innate and inalterable. Gay people go to psychiatrists for the same reasons that heterosexuals do: for good quality health care based on science. And I sure didn't get it from Steven Lipsius.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Steven H. Lipsius's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1963)