Ratings for Dr. Amy J. Kesselman

Worst GYN ever. I came in for an annual exam and to get a prescription for birth control. She told me if I wanted an "in depth" discussion about BC, I needed to schedule another appt, a consultation, because she didn't have time to talk. I felt rushed, and she wrote for the basic pill. I called back 3 weeks later to tell her this wasn't working for me, and she informed me I needed to schedule a consultation if I wanted to discuss her writing a different prescription. She is not friendly and does not care for her patients, just looking to bill your insurance as many times as possible. I will NOT go to her again, and definitely not recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Kesselman's office never confirmed my appointment. I called the office to tell them that I would be 5-10 minutes late. There was only one patient waiting when I arrived. The doctor's assistants were complaining loudly about being short staffed and having to move equipment. There were piles of patients' folders stacked on tables and desks in the back office. No one greeted me. I was told that the doctor was overbooked, but that I could wait. I agreed to wait. After an hour, I was told that the doctor couldn't see me. I asked to speak to Dr. Kesselman. Dr. Kesselman peered into the lobby area, but never spoke to me. I expressed my frustration to an assistant and told her that the office was extremely unprofessional. Later that day I received a call from the office manager who proceeded to berate me, told me that I was unprofessional and hung up on me. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Kesselman to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

I give poor marks to Dr. Kesselman's office staff. When I discovered that I might be pregnant for the first time, I called to schedule my first prenatal visit. The receptionist congratulated me warmly on the pregnancy, and scheduled me for an appt. Upon arriving for the appt, as my husband and I excitedly stood at the reception window and waited for the receptionist to check me in, Dr. K and the receptionist began whispering and there seemed to be some problem. Dr. K left the room, without a word to me, and the receptionist (a different one than the one who had scheduled my appt) asked me, rather bluntly, why I was here. When I told her that I was here for my first prenatal appt, she said "Dr Kesselman doesn't do OB anymore." She did apologize for the mistake, but what a mistake! And not a very sincere apology either. I also felt bad that Dr. K didn't say hello to me, or sorry, even though I've been a patient for a few years. I have switched to a different doctor for GYN and OB.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

In terms of efficiency and social skills she is fine. However, she was not able to solve my problem and was not willing to give me a second consultation over the phone. This was really annoying as I had met her in person three days ago where she prescribed the medicine, which did not work at all and she refused to rethink the prescription or treatment. I would not go to her again.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

I had visited Dr.Kesselman for PAP test. She is very professional and nice. The office staff is very nice and helpful. During my visit I felt little but rushed. She took a lot of notes during my visit. And she had a 3 stone ring on her hand which made me wonder if she had the ring during the exam too (full annual pelvic exam). The exam was painful and I felt sore even after 2 days. usually PAP doesn't have any after pain or anything. I believe she was little bit harsh in the name of being quick! And the most of all, she told to call back for my test results and never did!!!I won't go her again. I'm planning to visit Dr. Lori Picco whom I heard very good reviews.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2007

During my visit I felt that I was treated very well.I would absolutely recommend this doctor to my family and friends.I felt this visit was a big help.Overall I would rate this visit : good.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2005

Dr. Amy J. Kesselman's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1986)

Amerigroup