Ratings for Dr. Anthony M. Ricciardi

Dr. Ricciardi is great and I highly recommend; I have had a good recovery from my foot surgery. Major concern with workflow in office, however. I needed an important document sent to a leave administrator, Met Life, and instead of taking 24 hours and one phone call, it took over a week, four phone calls, and me driving down to the office because none of the phone calls were followed up on. Jessica seemed to do what she could to fax it off, but it would make sense that she could get more people to help her, too, as she also is the only one aside from the doctor who has worked with me on my follow up clinical visits as well as be the one in charge of all the paperwork, according to the staff. The office needs organization and some division of labor to prevent what happened to me, as it will result in a delay in my leave pay, assuming Met Life approves it.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I recently had a very disappointing interaction with Dr. Ricciardi’s -- and the Foot, Ankle & Hand Center's -- front desk reception, named Jessica. I visited Dr. Ricciardi at the Foot, Ankle & Hand Center last year about this time in search of some new custom orthotics. Unfortunately when the team called in the codes for those orthotics, they were not covered under my insurance at that time, so I choose not to move forward. However, now that my insurance plan has changed and I have met my deductible, I called up and asked "Jessica" if she would kindly double check with my new insurance provider to confirm they were covered and what my out of pocket cost would be. Jessica refused, placed me on hold for 18 minutes, and then came back and stated again that the Foot, Ankle & Hand Center practice would absolutely not pre-check whether or not my insurance covered the same item that I was prescribed this time last year without another new appointment to be re-evaluated first… which makes no sense. I understand that if my orthotic needs have changed so drastically that the orthotic type that the front desk pre-authorizes thru the insurance winds up changing once I come in for the assessment/molds, then yes, I understand that I would potentially be on the hook for that appointment if I choose not to get orthotics. However, my feet haven’t changed in 20 years, so I am more than happy to take that very low risk gamble. I was not, however, willing to come in for another meaningless 5-minute $100 appointment simply to do exactly what was done just 12 months ago, without confirmation that the orthotics that were originally prescribed were covered under this my new insurance plan. That’s just silly. However, Jessica didn't see it that way and was not very pleasant on the phone -- almost to the extent of being condescending. Prior to writing this review I reached out to Dr. Ricciardi and the Foot, Ankle & Hand Center directly via his website to give them the chance to correct Jessica’s mistake. They chose not to unfortunately, which is why I felt compelled to letting the general public know prior to making their selection on the many fine podiatrists out there. Dr. Ricciardi and the Foot, Ankle & Hand Center may be great or he may not. But the staff can clearly use a lesson in customer service and what appears them simply being lazy – as my inquiry shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes of time to complete. Just baffling...

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

He very patient & listen's to the patient. Most of all very pleasant. Other doctors just assumes & his only interested in his next patient.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I am in in middle of trying to get my orthodicts from him. It has been 2 months. The office is completely incompetent. I have called at least once a week for 2 months, and they continue to tell me they are not ready because of the Christmas holiday. (It is now Feb. 1) My feet continue to get worse as I wait, and I can not go anywhere else until I get my orthodics. As soon as that happens I plan on writing a letter to Dr. Ricciardi and the medical board. I feel very strongly that I have been treated neglectfully.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Incredible doctor who is kind and compassionate towards his patients!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I saw Dr. Ricciardi for almost 2 years. He was not quick to decide on surgery and gave me other options to try first. I had a couple of complex problems which he figured out and fixed. He was kind, VERY KNOWLEDGABLE and spent a lot of time with me answering my Husband and my numerous questions. His staff was also great and on top of things. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Ricciardi. I read other reviews and some people commented on his bedside manner/personality. I found him to be quite comforting and assuring. I DO NOT go to Doctor's in general based on their personality or expect a "Stage Show" but go based on the Doctor's experience and knowledge and research their credentials/lawsuits prior to my first visit. I can get the bedside manner at home. He is a great Doctor and I normally do not recommend Doctors in Las Vegas.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

I went to see him for an ingrown toenail issue I've had for years. A previous podiatrist removed a section of my nail two years ago. The nail continued to grow back ingrown. He barely looked at my toe then had my foot x-rayed. He said immediately I should have surgery to remove the toenail completely, no other options discussed. I also had a fungal infection on my right foot that did not respond to OTC athlete's foot medicine. He waved his hand over my foot dismissively and said to just use Lamisil. He apparently didn't hear me the first time when I said it never worked. I disliked that his first and only suggestion was surgery. After looking up more information about the surgery, which would include removing small bone spurs on my toes (which he said was causing the ingrown toenail) his "you'll only need to take off a couple days work" really was at least three weeks recuperation. I did not return to this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

excellent care, great staff and great doctor I had a complex problem for many years and went form doctor to doctor I was referred to Dr Ricciardi by a friend and within 2 weeks my pain was gone. Dr Ricciardi gave me my life back Thank you

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

recommended a custom insert and when insurance didn't approve it he just said to go with the generic ones for $50.00. They made things worse and then he went right to wanting to do surgery. While trying to get information for my workman's comp I got no return phone calls from his staff and after going to the GV office in person I still have not received what I need. Waste of time on this Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Dr. Ricciardi was supposed to make adjustments to my insoles he prescribed a while back and bring them to the next appointment at his office in Henderson. The assistant told me they forgot them and would mail them the next day. That was over a month ago. Since then I have called the office 5 times and have been told that they were sent and should receive them any day now. Every conversation is a different excuse. This is beyond frustrating as I am in pain without the inserts.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Dr. Anthony M. Ricciardi's Credentials

• Italian

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Workers Comp