Ratings for Dr. John D. Ponsiglione

Receptionist is hideous and Dr Ponsiglione couldn't stop staring at my cleavage while he talked. Unprofessional and unacceptable. Running far far away before anything happens under anesthesia!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

This doctor knows his stuff... his personality is straight to business and I'm sure People Misunderstand him but I like him a lot....

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I read all the reviews and was concerned. He does have a gruffness about him and a rye sense of humor. He knows his stuff and I quite like him. I have Hep c and liver cirrhosis, received a colonoscopy and endoscopy and all went smoothly...I feel very comfortable with his work. He is serious about his work, as gastro, liver, all that, its very serious business. He also is on time as far as I have experienced. The office is nice and quiet, in a nice location, and the view is really nice...so peaceful. I kind of look forward to seeing him. I love a good doctor. His reception lady also knows what she's doing which is really nice.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Dr.Ponsiglione is a rude, arrogant, condescending ass who treats patients as if they were dirt. If you are looking for any compassion in a time of medical crisis don't go to him. He may be knowledgable in his field, but that does not excuse the way he interacts with people who come to him for help.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

I see this piece of garbage is still practicing medicine. I assumed he treated me with disrespect because of other unknown reasons, but I see he is this way to everyone. The other reviewers are absolutely correct, he is nasty, uncaring, arrogant, a pathological liar, etc. When I was to have a biopsy I knew from friends and research that pre-op meds were given to ease pain and/or anxiety. This human excrement actually berating me for asking about the discomfort involved, and then gloated when saying nothing will be given to me. I had to self medicate before the procedure! What an ass. Negative rating.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

in my opinion DR.Ponsiglione is not doing what he suposed to. he has a pantient that need to get is hemorroids removed and he is only giving him laxatives and supositories. he dont care about his patients pain and suffer. I guess he just want his pantients to go to him as many times so he can get paid from their insurances. I hope he was more human with others and provide a better service.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

Extremely rude and arrogant. Completely dismissed all of my questions, doesn't care at all about his patients.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

Nasty man. Asked questions. Didn't wait for answers. Claimed he is the only GI that takes medical (lie). Was rude when I didn't answer quickly enough. He made a diagnosis without checking the emergency hospital records, other doctor notes & taking full answers from me. This doctor may be knowledgeable but made a diagnosis without sufficient information which makes negates his years of knowledge in my books. Add that to his rudeness & the rudeness of his staff & I'd give him about minus 20 out of 10. I've made an appointment with another GI who takes medical but who doesn't exist according to this arrogant mysogynist blowhart. Re mysoginist He made various comments such as when I asked a question he said "if I told you, you'd probably develop the symptoms." In other words, woman=hypocondriac. He knew me for less than 2 minutes. On a good note, he inspired me to join this group & let others know about him. MY advice: Don't walk, run! Away!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2007

Painful procedure, however I do not think it was the Drs. fault.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2005

Professional yet very accommodating and empathetic. Seems to know his specialty very well.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2005

Dr. John D. Ponsiglione's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1967)