Ratings for Dr. Frank E. Shipley

This surgeon and alleged vascular medicine specialist ignored the fact that I had an extensive deep venous thrombosis in my leg, choosing instead to treat for an /"infection,/" when all signs and symptoms that even I as a layman had learned about led to the diagnosis of DVT. He ignored the fact that I was in intense pain and prescribed something I take routinely for minor arthritis pain. After I talked to the patient advocate and told them I was afraid I was going to die of a loosened blood clot, he did do more diagnostic studies which led to the proper diagnosis, and led to a nearly 2-week hospitalization. I have permanent damage to the vascular structures in my leg and have pain 4 years later. He ignored the fact that I was in intense pain. He walked through the threshold of the doorway once a day and charged me 250 a day to do so. I would recommend this doctor to no one.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2005

Dr. Frank E. Shipley's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Delta Dental