Ratings for Dr. Nichole M. Schalk

Now she is going by Dr Hook. I think she has got to be the worst Dr ever!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

DO NOT GO TO DR. SHALK!!!!! I went in to see Dr. Shalk about a week ago to get my first check up . The front desk staff was very helpful in telling me all the procedures that would be done but when I went into the room to visit her, she did none of that. She rushed the entire appointment and was uncomfortably rude. I felt like I was being drilled on the facts instead of learning about me as her patient and addressing any concerns. Instead she urged me to read the pamphlets. Her demeanor was less than professional and very COLD!!! She does NOT operate with a sense of care. I talked to her for a total of 9 minutes and 5 of those were her concerns over payment even though I reassured her money nor insurance wasn't an issue and that I was waiting for my new plan to begin. I cried after she walked out, that's how cold and unbothered she made me feel. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

I am not the sort of patient who normally complains about the quality of medical care I receive. However, I was very unhappy with my experience at Ironwood ObGyn with Dr. Schalk. Although I believe Dr. Schalk is knowledgeable, her manner is brusque and rushed. She does not always seem to take patient concerns seriously. The staff at Ironwood were slow to get back to me with results of medical tests. Worst of all, the staff never provided me with the necessary paperwork for an ultrasound exam at a different location; as a consequence, I waited over an hour with an uncomfortably full bladder for the Ironwood staff to send the appropriate paperwork. After faxing paperwork for several other people--not me--Ironwood finally sent the right information. I realize that mistakes happen, but this sort of lax attitude typifies my experience with Ironwood.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I was explained all options and givin the opportunity to make the choice I wanted. I was also told that when she did the surgery that all cysts, scar tissue and endometriosis would be removed. After the surgery I found out that this was not the case and she left a cyst on my left ovary. After surgery I was also explained different post surgery treatments I could choose from and went with what I thought was best for me. I have been having some issues and it is hard to get in touch with the nurse to get an answer. I believe that they don't listen to my concerns and just blow me off. I would have definetly done more research on finding a Dr and would NOT recommend this Dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

would not recommend her at all, I complaint every visit of baby lacking movement and all she would say "I am sure it moves" would listen to hearth beat and send me on my way. My baby was rapped in cord she never paid attention to what I was telling her and my baby past away full term pregnancy. placenta specialist told me my this had been going on for a while. I told her at least 6 different time I did not feel baby move like my first pregnancy she would spend no more then 5 min with me very careless person lacks attention to detail and listening. office sucks they lost my urine sample after I was the last patient in the clinic and their were at least 5 or more other urine samples waiting to be collected from the window. should she had paid attention and order ultra sounds she would have seen my baby was in trouble.she only did one ultra sound at 6mth and didn't discuss it with me until I asked if everything had been ok whit it a week before I had emergency c section 3 months later

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I have had only good experiences with Dr. Shalk and I have been going to see her for three years. She always takes the time to say hello and chat about what is new. She listens carefully to my concerns and answers any questions I have thoroughly. I find her to be professional, friendly, and competent.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

Would NOT recommend to anyone. She seemed rushed the entire time, (she was in the room a total of about 3 minutes) and only looked up from the computer twice. She had a terrible demeanor overall. She interrupted me mid-sentence when I tried to answer her question, and had no regard for my concerns. I am a professional woman and understand the pressures of a busy medical office, but this was absolutely unacceptable! She seemed to be on auto-pilot and like she had more important places to be than in the room with me. I am usually easy to please when it comes to doctor visits, but I was made to feel so uncomfortable that I requested to be seen by another physician for my follow up appointment, and the receptionist gave me a "sorry, I've heard this before" look when I requested ANY other physician in the practice. My advice, save yourself the trouble, and go to another ob/gyn!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Went in for PAP. She performed an exam but did not do a PAP. I did not realize this until after a month I never received the results. After inquiring as to why I had no results I was told I did not request a PAP and would have to return.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Was a patient of Dr. Schalk for two years, had to change dr. because it was very painful everytime i went for my papsmear. dr. Schalk did not care if i had pain or about my health. She seemed very uninterested and never asked or was concerned about my comments.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

I left after 3 visits! During my second visit, Dr. Schalk had no idea who I was and clearly never looked at my medical file because she asked me if I was new. At my third visit, she didn't look at my medical file again - she asked me if I was new! This time I was concerned about whether or not I could have kids, Dr. Schalk spent about 5 minutes with me, told me what she thought was wrong, didn't perform an exam, had someone come in to draw blood-who almost forgot to put my name on it-and they sent me on my way. Dr. Schalk didn't take the time to comfort me about the situation, or tell me what we would do next. When I called back a week later to find out my test results, I was told that they weren't sent in because of the holiday and it would be a few more days! Nice... considering I'm waiting to find out if I can have kids! The technician that I talked to had no compassion or respect for my situation. Every time I call, I get put on hold for 15 minutes!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

Dr. Nichole M. Schalk's Credentials

• Spanish

• Ohio State University College Of Homeopathic Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• BCBS Massachusetts