Ratings for Dr. Daniel Labow

There is only one doctor to see in NYC and his name is Dr. Labow. Strong and well deserved words that reached my ears from several of the sources of his initial referral to me. Upon my further inquiry to other well respected medical professionals and individuals in NYC, Dr. Labow's name was repeatedly resonating in my ears. A review of his Bio made if easy to book our appointment which we obtained very quickly due to the emergent nature of my father's recent diagnosis. Instantaneously, upon our very first interaction we knew we were in the right hands to deal with my father's condition. Dr. Labow greeted us all with a solid handshake, a warm compassionate smile and eyes that smiled and almost glistened as ours did as if he was going through this experience with us not only as our medical leader/healer. Dr Labow reviewed the various files we provided prior to his meeting us and his team interviewed us, prepared us and him with information so that he can enter and listen with a calm and participative demeanor. He listened to my father, my mother and me in a professional, respectful, attentive and empathetic / humane manner. He was respectful of our input and feelings and concerns and worked with us on all options to ensure our comfort level in our next steps. When he spoke he was kind, thorough and forthright. He spoke with a confidence and determination that we immediately felt that gave us strength as he educated us about my father's diagnosis and the plan of attack that consisted of the most aggressive form of intravenous chemotherapy for 6 sessions to shrink his abdominal tumor to follow with surgical excision and hipec (hyperthermic interaperitoneal chemoperfusion - a 90 min heated chemotherapy conducted during surgery) Dr. Labow established and directs one of the busiest HIPEC programs in the country at Mount Sinai and this combined approach has proven to extend patient survival rate while simultaneously minimizing the side effects of the traditional intravenous chemotherapy approach. Dr. Labow is the chief of surgical oncology at Mount Sinai for good reason. He is at a good age to have had enough professional experience to treat these rare conditions. His training speaks for itself and he is a natural educator/ role model for his residents, staff and colleagues. He is progressive and demonstrates a research interest offering participation in a study in the use of a combined PET/MRI image to see if there can be future applicability in the use of this as one more battery or a piece in the puzzle to provide more specific guidance (i.e. a better window) to a surgeon of a patient's pathology prior to surgery. The specimen removed and sent to pathology was preserved and utilized to determine further the specific type of chemotherapy needed to continue treatment post surgery if needed. A surgical doctor from Isreal participating in Research under a one year rotation was training under Dr. Labow as well. His leadership skills are evident as you follow all seamless processes in his department from booking an appointment to surgery , research, follow up care and beyond. His team is as exceptional as he is. His genuine and effective family centered approach is something many other physicians can learn from respecting the patient and his diagnosis which indirectly becomes the loving and caring families diagnosis. Several months later my father is healing well is free of pain and his quality of life has improved tremendously and we owe that all to Dr. Labow. Dr. Labow is from a rare breed of surgeons. He is a participative medical leader for his patients and his team and he is a tireless and hard worker starting my father's surgery at 4:45pm and finishing at 9pm when his first surgery started at 8am that same morning in February 2017. He is a credit to the institution that employs him. We feel blessed to have met Dr. Labow and we pray for his continued strength, health, happiness, prosperity, leadership and professional development to help the fight against cancer. We simply cannot verbalize how thankful we are for his ongoing care and we recommend him without a single reservation to anyone in need of his specialized professional surgical skills.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Very bad doctor!!! I If you want to be alive don't go to this doctor!!!!!!!! My husband already on cemetery after this doctor's treatment. Don't trust the good reviews bellow.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Labow is remarkable, the treatment he provides for GI cancers is easily the best in the country and he treats his patients with compassion and consideration. I cannot say enough about what a wonderful person and doctor he is, anyone being treated by him is in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr Labow is the most professional and skilled Dr I have ever met. His surgery skills are only surpassed by his warm and caring personality.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr. Labow led a team of medical professionals in Mount Sinai to save my life. After a few weeks of "Chemo & Radiation" Dr. Labow and his team performed a 10 hour surgery to remove the 'Cancer'. The staff at Mount Sinai contributed to Dr. Labow and Dr. Andrea Wolf's expert surgical skills and complete credit for giving me back my life. I'm still under the care of Dr. Labow and hope he remains my primary surgeon as long as I might need him ! God Bless Drs. Labow & Wolf....

Submitted April 22, 2013

Dr. Daniel Labow is a wonderful, sweet, confident, and excellent in knowledge. The first time I met him was on Nov. 10, 2010, and the second he walked into the room, shook my hand so warmly and friendly, I knew everything was going to be okay. He went over all the information that was sent to him from the referring Dr., and the CT scan disc I brought with me. He had looked at the disc b/4 coming into the examining room. He went over all my options, although I was going to need surgery regardless. He told me what to expect after surgery, when in recovery, answered all my questions. He did not rush me in anyway, and said his nurse would call me in a few days with the surgery date. His nurse, Carmen, is also so kind, and is excellent about calling me with any important information, to keep me updated. she called on the following Monday, and it was scheduled for 11/30/10. Everything went well. I was home in 7 days Everyone at his office is very kind and patient, and I always feel relaxed

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Excellent surgeon. Very caring skillful in what he does.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr Labow is an exceptional surgeon and human being. He is patient, kind, intelligent, available, skilled and sweet. Mt Sinai is lucky to have him and we are grateful to have found him to perform pancreatic surgery on my mom last week. He is a role model for how doctors should relate to patients and family members.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Dr. Daniel Labow saved my mother's life 2 years ago, when no other doctor could help her. They all said "let her live the next 3 months of life as she wishes". Dr. Labow performed a whipple on mom, and almost 3 years later, she is wonderful, enjoying her family, when she thought she'd never see them again! Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

Dr. Labow is a very caring person who spends time with you and explains what and how he had to do during the surgery. He made himself available via e-mail for post-surgery questions as well.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2007

Dr. Daniel Labow's Credentials

• Hindi

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1995)