Ratings for Dr. Edward Paloyan

Let me begin by saying I have never written a review for any doctor, and I have been to many in my lifetime. I began seeing Dr. Paloyan in 1976, when I was 20 years old. Here I am, 40 years later, writing to inform potential patients that he is simply the best of the best. Knowledgeable, compassionate, thoughtful, caring - he is an utterly brilliant doctor who has my total respect and admiration.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

I have gone to Dr. Paloyan since I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism since I was 16 years old. Now being 26, I drove 3 hours to go see him, as a I always do at my yearly checkup. This will be the LAST time I am going to see him. To feel rushed is an understatement. He quickly wanted to up my prescription (which is not what I wanted), he didn't spend time on my questions that I had regarding my ultra sound and lately he told me that I probably need to see a doctor closer to where I live. I recently moved to Indiana and have gone to see him since I was 16 and didn't mind the drive, I wanted the to see the "best doctor" that I could. I pay all of my bills and show up to the appointments on time, so this is besides me. Now trying to get my records from this office has been a mess to say the least. I've been calling over a month to try and get MY records so I can see a doctor that wants to help their patients. He told at my last appointment that I need a needle biopsy and basically "to go find a new doctor ". Read no more comments; he's horrible. He's not up with the new medical trends and he honestly wants to get you in and out. Save yourself a trip and find a different doctor.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Paloyan for about 5 years. He was the ONLY doctor who really listened to my symptoms, ran the PROPER tests to get me an accurate diagnosis. I was so incredibly relieved to finally have found a doctor that didn't pass me off and tell me there was nothing wrong with me. Dr. Paloyan has monitored me through two pregnancies to make sure my thyroid levels stayed in-tact for the health of me and my babies. He did regular blood tests until my levels evened out and stayed consistent. He monitors my thyroid, nodules and bone density. He EXPLAINS your labs and results to you so that you can understand. I have never had an issue with any of his staff and the ultrasound tech is wonderful as well! I feel so lucky to have found this doctor & finally began to feel taken care of and well again!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

When I saw Dr. Paloyan he told me that he did not need to see the test results and diagnosed me as hypothyroid. After being put on medication, I called him with increased fatigue and weight gain of 15 lbs in less than 3 months. He said I was getting older and he heard this from women - I was only 48. He changed my medication four times,increasing dosage over the phone. On my appointment, my resting heart rate soared to 110 and the nodules multiplied. His staff was frantic when they checked my blood pressure and heart rate and he told me I wouldn't last much longer like this. We parted ways but he made a permanent mark on my life. Unfortunately I cannot undo what happened but I warn anyone to trust this doctor other than his being a surgeon. His license should be revoked, and his daughter specialized in sleep apnea at his office - a common side effect. I hope you consider a professional and walk away from his treatments.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Paloyan since early 2000 and was very pleased with the outcome of my diagnosis with him that was mis-diagnosed by a previous Dr. and I can not express how grateful I am to him for that. I do have to agree with some of the comments about him not listening to what you say about how you feel. I am tired of him telling me I am getting older. The thyroid is a tiny organ that controls so much and without one and relying on a pill I don't always feel is enough. My levels are fine but what about what my body is saying?? Is there something else that I should be doing:( I have been tired and have had no energy and suffer from depression since I had my thyroid removed. I wish there was a transplant!!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I stopped going to Dr. Paloyan because I felt he was not listening to my symptoms and issues I had related to my hypothyroidism. I was very disappointed seeing that he got such good reviews here. The office staff is really unpleasant. After you see the doctor you are sent to see the billing department at which time they try to get money from you. I had a big issue with incorrect billing to insurance I brought in all the insurance paperwork but in the end I ended up paying what they wanted, which was incorrect. I had to take blood tests every few months which gets to be really expensive even with insurance. The thyroid medicine the doctor gave me is expensive and hard to get. The pharmacist even questioned why he would be prescribing this particular medicine. I decided not to return after approximately a year and now am monitored by my regular internal medicine doctor.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr. Paloyan has handled my hypothyrodism for the past 5 years and he is a fantastic doctor. He is caring, he listens, he explains everything in detail until you understand it. He regularly does bone density tests and biopsies of my thyroid which has some cysts. I absolutely love him. The woman that runs the front desk, however, is horrible. She is rude, abrupt, nasty. I'm sure she has worked there a long time but she has certainly lost the love of her job. It is time for her to go. She is extremely rude on the phone as well.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Sad is my major comment - i read all these others but i did not have this experience and i've been going for several years. He completely ignores anything i say about how i feel, he only checks my levels once a year even if i change meds or dosage - never ever checked bone density and i'm in menopause. he refused to discuss how i have no energy and my bones hurt, i started getting broken bones, my eyes lids were swelling, weight gain...he said the levels were fine and i didn't need anything else. SOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Went to 3 docs. All said my TSH was fine. Then, one thyroid dr, who gave me synthroid. still felt like crap. Dr. Paloyan told me synthroid is not good, gave me new med, higher dose, another med for energy. and, ultra sound tests, watches my bone density/free samples every visit, nice ladies at the desk too.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr. Payloyan is a wonderful doctor - they don't make them like this anymore. I went there with a slightly abnormal TSH reading but told him I wanted to get pregnant soon and he immediately gave me a plan of attack. I had no idea your thyroid could cause infertility. I sit here almost 6 months pregnant (got pregnant naturally) and he continues to keep my thyroid in check. Wonderful bedside manner. Great staff. It takes awhile to get an appointment but it's only because he's in such high demand. Worth the wait.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Dr. Edward Paloyan's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1956)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hinsdale, IL