Ratings for Dr. Eleanor J. Host

I went to this doctor a few years back I found another doctor almost immediately she likes to argue and really doesn't want to listen to u at all. All I can say is run from this office . Weird . The staff sucks also

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I love Dr. Host. My husband and four kids love her as well! She is a great doctor. I survived a brain tumor and I feel very fortunate to have a great doctor like her. My whole family is comfortable with her. Her staff are so nice. I have been her patient for 15 years. I recommend her to anyone I know. 👍🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

If you call the office you will immediately be put on hold. The receptionists are super rude and would rather argue than help. It seems like doctor host does not listen when you explain things to her and she is short and rude. I was at her office (I got there 10 minutes before the appointment) no one was at the counter and when the doctor and receptionist FINALLY came out they said they couldn't see me because I "was late". I told the doctor I was 10 minutes early and her response was: "I understand but there iS nothing I can do". Also, they refuse to make calls, or even look on the Internet, to talk/or see your insurance carries and verify that they are on the network. Everyone in this office is inept and avoid them like Ebola!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Very informed and helpful. Not intiminating. A "wise" woman.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Monday, July 08, 2013 - Poor Office Management There needs to be a NA rating for this site, many ratings did not aplly to me but I had to choose 1. I called Monday morning,July 1,to register as a new patient(Dr. Host was recommended by a family member.)I was told by whomever answered the phone to check to see if Dr. Host was covered by my insurance(that was unusual to me, all other doctor offices,etc. in the past told me right off if they took my insurance or not), I had said I believe she is but will check. I double checked on that (made some more phone calls) and she was, so I called back to confer. I was then asked for my name and phone number and would it be alright to call me back that day to get all my info as a new patient, absolutely, I am available any time, was my response. Well, no one ever called me back,to date, 1 wk later. Very disappointed, and shocked. Dr. Host sounded like a doctor that would fit my needs/wants. Kathy Fogo

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Front desk lady was very, very, very rude and unhelpful. Nurse and doctor were very nice. Required a prescription and it took days for it to be sent to pharmacy. I will not be back.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

I first started seeing Dr.Host in June of 2009 when I first moved to Ohio. Her receptionist is notoriously rude and difficult and this was an issue every time I called in to make an appointment. The final straw that made me leave was when I showed up ten minutes late for an appointment. I had called ahead to say I was running late from traffic. When I arrived Dr.Host, the receptionist, and another doctor were standing around chatting behind the reception desk. The receptionist pointed out that I was late, I pointed out that I had called to say I would be and that I had driven from 30 minutes away to come to this appt. Dr.Host refused to see me even though it was 8am, I was the only person there and not one other person was in the waiting room. There was no sense of grace, understanding, or customer service. I understand punctuality is important to her but my appointment prior i had to wait 15 minutes to be seen.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Terrible receptionist! I'm in a lot of pain and she was very rude and even hung up on me before i was finished talking. Probably going to change my doctor until she changes her receptionist. VERY disapointing!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

I have been with Dr Host since she was a resident at WW Knight Family Practice back in 1993 and we she moved to a Practice with some of her collegues I followed and when she moved to her private practice i followed. She always listens, has a sense of humor and does what ever she can to get to the problem and fix it.Her officer staff have always been kind and helpful and even stayed late to make sure my insurance company got the info they needed so i could get meds refiled when i was out. My kids love her and she is great with them, as well as my hubby. Hard to find a dr that whole family is comfortable with, but I did and would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I've met Dr. Host herself maybe two times. She was very quick and to the point, I didn't feel that she really listened. I did however like the nurse practitioner, Kris. If I do go back I will ask to see her instead. I doubt I will be back though. I asked the Dr. to write a note for me at the request of unemployment and she refused stating it wouldn't make a difference. I don't think it was her place to decide that.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr. Eleanor J. Host's Credentials

• Northeastern Oh Univs Coll Of Med, Rootstown Oh 44272 (Grad. 1992)

WellCare Health Plans