Ratings for Dr. Howard P. Zahalsky

Dr. Zahalsky is an excellent doctor. My wife and I both use him as our primary care doctor. He is very knowledgeable and is always patient and caring. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a new primary care doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr Zahalsky is an average internist. His chief goal appears to be to keep costs low and it seems the insurance companies like him on account of this. He is fine, if all you need is a prescription for antibiotics or a flu-shot. But if you have something bad happening and really need serious medical advice, you should look for a better internist.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. Zahalsky kept us waiting for our first appointment for over 45 minutes and could not be bothered to listen to and ask questions about my father's health issues in order to accurately diagnose him. His bedside manner is wanting - lacking caring and compassion for the patient. I would never let him treat myself or anyone I cared about ever again.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Zahalsky's bedside manner is atrocious! He acts like my father is a burden to him, does not want to discuss options or answer his questions, and approaches each discussion with an undeserved air of superiority. The concept of patient centered care is clearly foreign to him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Very punctual with appointments, I have never waited longer than a few minutes. Has a caring manner, answers questions, is friendly. I am very pleased to have found him after moving to area.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I saw Dr. Zakhalskiy for my physical 2 years ago. It was OK. However, when I was sick last month with the high fever he prescribed me a tamiflu and did not even check my fever. He said you have a flu and feel warm take the tamiflu and that is it. I ended up going to the walk in clinic to get tested (did not have flu). Yesterday morning I had an allergic reaction and was covered in hives. I came to his office right when they opened and asked the nurse if he could see me. The waiting room was empty and she said that he could not see me now because he is busy, and could see my only at 1 PM. When I called to an allergy doctor as a new patient and described my symptoms they took me in immediately because it was an urgent and life threatening situation, I could have gone into anaphylactic shock. That is how doctors should work, but Dr. Zakhalskiy did not think it was necessary to see me urgently. I am not going back to him!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

Dr Zahalsky is THE BEST and exactly what modern medical care needs. Personable without being weird, articulate without being condescending, intelligent without being aloof, funny without losing seriousness of purpose, thorough without wasting a second, punctual making one feel unwelcome, and courteous without being obsequious.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Dr. Z has a VERY POOR bedside manner ... borderline a jerk. Further, he has ZERO INTEREST in discussing any protocols or treatments which other docs use ... he is very, very rigid. I am so glad I found someone else.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

I just started seeing Dr. Zahalsky as my PCP. He is treating me for hypertension (high blood pressure). PROS - Staff is courteous, Dr. Zahalsky is extremely punctual (sees you within 5 - 10 minutes); He is very knowledgeable, pragmatic regarding treatment and it seems like he cares about my health and wellbeing. CONS - I find him to be a bit abrasive, pretentious and sarcastic (he has a little bit of an eccentric personality) when he answers questions I ask. Follow up consultations are scheduled for 15 minute. Sometimes I feel like he rushes through to ensure the session adheres to the 15 minute window. There is a rushed and hurried demeanor in the exam room, which is a bit annoying. However weighing the PROS and CONS together, I plan on continuing to see him as my PCP. I feel confident putting my health in his hands. He reminds me of a modern day "House", but not as much of a dick and without the Vicodin addiction. I would recommend him for anyone looking for a PCP.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

I would not recommend this doctor. I feel like im rushed every time and that he has no concern for what im even talking about. I actually leave feeling like im crazy rather than feel like I have a doctor on my side.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Dr. Howard P. Zahalsky's Credentials

• Brown Univ Program In Med, Providence Ri 02912 (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal