Ratings for Dr. Eric A. Steckler

From the time my son was 8 til he was twenty all Dr. Stickler did was drugged him up, made him feel worthless and completely out of it and mis diagnosed him. He is clever in making his patients and parents dependant on him. On the advice of 2 other doctors, we fired him and had to have my son slowly taken off all the 8,500 mgs of meds we had him on. We found a wonderful doctor whom apologized to us for a so called colleagues behavior and saved our sons life. He lost 7 yrs of his life to a prescription induced haze, and finally after taking our son out of Dr. Stickler hands, he survived and got a proper diagnosis, which was nothing near what Steckler said he was. Never see this man or let him near any children. And read theses comments, as they may save a family from disaster.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Horrible doctor. Do not use. He told me was too old to do his job

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Patient, sensible, and direct, with a terrific sense of humor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I found him to be very caring and really interested in helping his patients.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Very helpful and knowledgeable doctor with great experience.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr. Steckler is a terrible doctor. He's utterly incapable of sympathizing with his patients: I know all too well. I lost my adolescence to him. He took a horrible time and turned it into something unimaginable. I still have nightmares, years later. He was more concerned with pumping me full of the wonder drug du jour and bullying me into believing I'm the powerless victim of a defective, imbalanced brain, and it is only through the infinite benevolence and clinical expertise of the infallable Steckler that I will ever manage to bear this incredible burden, this unbearable burden, this debilitating, crippling, all-consuming burden, for which there is no cure, no hope, except through Steckler. Once a week, I'd go to be thrown on more drugs, with intolerable side effects that he dismissed as the illness he diagnosed-and I should be grateful he did, or I might be dead! I always left feeling worse than before. Steckler was more concerned with being right than with my well-being.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

Absolutely the worst, least compassionate psychiatrist you could imagine. I took my son to him, while my son was experiencing depression and OCD in his adolescent years. Dr. Steckler was hard-hearted, unhelpful, mean, and did not seem to know how to treat OCD. In addition, while I was in the waiting room, there was some sort of altercation in the office between Dr. STeckler and my son....my son was so traumatized that it set him back for years, and he did not trust psychiatrists for a long time. It was 5 years until he would agree to see someone again, and only wanted to see a woman doctor. Thank God that a wonderful woman psychologist in DC (Dr. Lynne Gots) and a male psychiatrist in DC (Dr. David German) gave him the help he needed, and he is very high functioning these days. Consumer beware!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

Dr. Steckler is fantastic. He's extreemly insightful and offers usable pragmatic advice. Additionally, he's outstanding with the management of medication. I have and will continue to refer him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

Dr. Steckler has been very helpful to us. He is not taking new patients right now, according to the phone message, but he says that might change. He knows the medications really well. He is very reasonable doctor. Sometimes he is a little resistant to information I find from Diane Rheem Show or NPR or some other source like that, but he is a very good doctor. He is very professional.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2005

Dr. Eric A. Steckler's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1971)