Ratings for Dr. Jules R. Altfas

I went to see this doctor for about two years, before switching to someone else. They seem to have a hard time returning messages. I have called 2 and 3 times to make an appointment before I finally got a call back days later. The docotr is an ADD specialist, and seems to link any complaint or symptom to ADD. I have been diagnosed with ADD, but also with depression and PTSD. But he was convinced the PTSD symptoms were just ADD. I guess when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Dr. Altfas was very good to me. He and his staff were always very kind and puncual. My only complaint is when I switched doctors because of new insurance he and his office made the transition far from smooth, my new doctor never did receive the medical records we requested numerous times. It didn't matter in the end though. Overall, I'd recommend him, just plan to stay.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Very calm and knowledgeable. I've seen him for about 8 years and he's been very consistent. He has very much a medical approach, and I can see how that may not work for everyone, but I appreciate it. The staff has always been great about working with insurance.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

flag | Submitted October 5, 2005

Dr. Jules R. Altfas's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)