Ratings for Dr. Sean D. Dort

Dr. Dort is one of the most competent skillful surgeons in the country. He performed a sigmoidectomy on me and the surgery took 1 Hr 15 minutes. Fortunately a previous lab stool sample showed a trace of blood then had a colonoscopy and subsequent biopsy which showed sigmoid cancer. Dr Dort resected my colon about 12 inches and reattached or anastomoses whereby no ileostomy (external Bag) was necessary. There was very little post surgery pain and my pathology revealed stage 1 all 14 regional lymph nodes negative. We caught this cancer in the early stages . De Dort is a God send and truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I am so happy I found Dr. Dort. He is a kind and caring doctor and an excellent surgeon. 5 stars all the way!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Dr. Dort performed a lumpectomy and sentinel node biospy on my cancerous breast. I am terrified of surgery and almost didn't do the surgery. But he has such a calming attitude and I felt safe in his hands. He is so knowledgeable and nice too I wish he was my primary doctor and my surgeon too.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

Removed all of my colon cancer, which basically saved my life.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

J had double hernia surgery and am very blessed that Dr. Dort is my surgeon. He took the time to explain what he was going to do and also cleaned up a bad scar from a prior surgery. His staff was very helpful after surgery when I called. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. Dort is THE BEST surgeon ever. He did my gallbladder removal and I barely have any scars. They look like a time scratch. He took the time with me to explain the procedure during my first initial visit. He is the nicest man and good lookin' too :)

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr Dort did emergency surgery on me 10/08 for diverticulitis and I had a colostomy for 8mos. He was very supportive. He did a takedown on the colostomy 7/09 along with hernia surgery. I was out of the hospital in 5 days and everything has been working fine. I thank God that he was the doctor that was there for my emergency surgery last year and that I was comfortable and confident with him for the surgery this year. I would recommend Dr. Dort to anyone in this area that was in need of a surgeon. He is A++++++.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2009

I was diagnosed with breast cancer and was referred to Dr. Dort by my primary Dr. Dr Dort was very supportive and encouraging to me when I needed it the most. I was so thankful that I had a caring surgeon like Dr. Dort. The day I had my surgery I was Dr. Dort's last surgery patient for that day. He was exhausted. When he removed the mass, the margins were deemed by the lab to be clear. Because of his experience, he didn't feel that the tissue beneath looked just right, so he elected to take an additional amount of tissue out. That was shown to have cancer. My cancer had jumped to another area. If Dr. Dort had just gone by the lab's report and not taken that additonal amount, I might not be cancer-free today. I wouldn't have another surgeon but him.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

I needed emergency surgery and feel extremely luck that Dr. Dort was on duty. I'm alive and going to be a lot better because of him. Every other doctor I have spoken too says I was very licky to have him as my surgeon. He's the best. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

Great Dr. Surgury scheduling person is lazy and very unhelpful.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2008

Dr. Sean D. Dort's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Florida