Ratings for Dr. Jack C. Spies

Arrogant and full of himself. I met him and left.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Once he learned that I was 71, he canceled my appointment saying he refused to accept patients over 70!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

If I could leave negative numbers for this man and his nurse I would! The front house staff were fine. The nurse gave me a bad vibe from the second she called me back. She was rude, and barely said a word to me. My blood presure was misread. I have not seen the low numbers she stated in YEARS! Nasal swab done by her was rough, yes I told he how I felt about it! No appology, nothing but a "well" as she slammed the door behind her. The doc automatically assumed I was drug seeking, even after I told him I already had something for pain (I am in pain management, I CAN'T get meds from other doctors), and was seriously concerned about a pain that was NOT normal for ME, the one person who knows my body completely! He was rude, uncaring, and flat. His exam was lacking. His communication blunt with super rude tone. This man needs to find a new career because he has no business, failing to treat human beings. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Jack Spies is an awful dr & person. When I asked him to refill my migraine rx that he prescribed he claimed that I wasn't even a pt when I had just seen him a few weeks prior. Then he laughed at me & mocked me. I had to go to urgent care for trtmnt. I immediately had my records transferred to a new dr. As it turns out...Jack Spies was over medicating my thyroid. He also recommended I be put on high blood pressure meds...new dr said I don't have high blood pressure. No one but Spies ever thought I did! He's rude, callous & incompetent.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Jack Spies is the worst doctor I've ever seen in Western North Carolina! During a routine physical, he couldn't even determine that my thyroid was enlarged, even when I pointed it out. He also called me a liar when I told him that his office never called me about a follow up visit. He is very incompetent, rude, no bedside manners at all. Use this doctor at your own peril.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Jack and the staff are great! He was recommended to me when I moved to AVL for years ago by a guy whose family had all been going to Jack for years. I've been entirely satisfied. The man knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I was referred to Dr Spues by a friend who is very pleased with the care Dr Spues has provided to him. I, based on my first experience with him, agree. He was very pleasant and made me feel comfortable and at ease during my visit. I was equally impressed by the entire staff including nurses, desk lab staff. Regina at the front desk was exceptional! Experience this office for yourself and form your own opinion - I'm glad I did!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

The worst experience I ever had with a Dr. The guy should really just get out of the business. He has absolutely no bedside manners. He could care less what pain I was experiencing. I was really turned off by everything about him. VERY UNCARING!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Spies for more than 2 years and really find him knowledgable. I have read the other comments as well and some describe him and some do not. He is great on time management but still likes to listen to your issues. If the appointment before you runs over they are generally good at keeping you informed. He is attentive and takes your word when describing pain and aliments. The accept insurance and offer a cash pay discount as well. He wants you to be responsible for your health and so if your appt is at 11 and you show up at 12 yes he will send you away. Also, if you miss your appts and then need meds he will let you know you must see him first. He is a dr that plans by the rules and has a pretty nice personality to boot. Would recommend him to anyone of all ages.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I had one appointment with this man and he treated me as a hysterical lunatic just because I am a victim of rape. His staff was rude, the wait time was long not only in the office but in the exam room, the only thing he did for me was giving me the sleeping pills I requested since I worked nights at the time, of course not before giving me an hours worth of grief over anything I told him.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Jack C. Spies's Credentials

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1993)