Ratings for Dr. I. JOSEPH Albergamo

Great doctor! Very professional and kind. Takes the time to listen. Never makes you feel rushed.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Professional and kindly physician and staff. We feel like we are in very good hands with Dr. Albergamo and his people.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Albergamo is an excellent physician. Each time I have seen him he has been patient and listened to everything I had to say. His diagnoses have been spot on, and when necessary he has prescribed medications that get me back on my feet. I give him my highest praise.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Ignored my complaints. Seemed to think I only wanted pain meds...which I did not. When I pushed for some actual help he simply said "Well, stop doing whatever it is that is hurting your wrist." I guess I don't get to open doors or make eggs or drink water anymore? He was useless, insulting, and condescending. Tomorrow I'm calling to request that they refund my insurance company their part of the co-pay. I've never been so upset by a "professional" before. He gave me not one piece of helpful or concerned advice. No timeline for restricting activity, no excercises or stretches that might lessen the pain, nothing. He also asked me three times if I was sure I had only taken advil. I am sure. I am also sure that he's a jerk.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Liked Dr. Albergamo and have gone to him for years. He doesn't seem to like to prescribe medications. Instead of willingly testing me for what I THOUGHT and turned out to be Thyroid problems, he wanted to put me on Prilosec OTC - 2 pills a day for several weeks. Luckily, I pushed the issue of running tests since my insurance was ending. Turned out I was right, and was referred to an endocrinologist. When I think of all the pills I would have swallowed that my body didn't need, I get very upset. Research the reasons for your visits ahead of time. WebMD wasn't so wrong after all.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011

Do NOT use this doctor! He works in the span of 5 minutes to ensure his payment, and will not allow time for questioning. He also did not take the time to hear past medical history that was pertinent to the situation, ending up misdiagnosing my mother, when in fact had Stage 4 cancer.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Very bad bedside manner. Made me feel stupid for gong in to see him. Changed doctors!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Dr. Albergamo is very well at what he does. He takes the time to listen and explains things so that I can understand what is going on.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2007

DR. A was quick with a diagnosis an explanation of why he came to that conclusion and options for treatment. I felt very well informed.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

I am very appreciative of his respect for my time and condition. If I think it is one thing, he takes that into consideration, but uses his experience and wisdom in bringing to my attention that other possibilites exist as well. He is always in all situations, considerate and professional. I have been seeing this doctor for approximately 10 years. I am more impressed with him and his entire staff with every visit, no matter how minor, he treats the whole person.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2006

Dr. I. JOSEPH Albergamo's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1993)

Amerigroup