Ratings for Dr. Douglas L. Geenens

Wouldn't mind seeing him locked up. Stop feeding Johnson County Xanax. Stop killing my friends. Lost one already, almost died myself from this doctor. My best friend is still addicted and stuck on your pills. My other best friend is actually convinced he needs your ridiculous scripts. Not to mention that friends little brother is on your pills. All I ask is for you to care about people when you prescribe them powerful pills. Don't start someone on 4mg of Xanax because they ask for it. That's what he did for me.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Dr. Geenens is an excellent doctor. I have seen for him many years. He has always been very caring and professional. He listens to me and I feel like o could talk to him about anything. I highly recommend him. A very intelligent and caring person.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Geenens helped my daughter when no one else could figure it out. She was told she had to repeat kindergarten and she could not function. With his help she finally got better. He is kind and compassionate. She is now getting her Master's Degree in Public Health and Bioinformatics at University of Illinois thanks in NO SMALL PART to Dr. Geenens.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

My husband's family has been to nearly every Doctor in the kcmo metro area. He IS the very best, in our opinion! This is my first review I have ever done & I'm 60 years young.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

I have never been to a more professional thourough doctor in my life. He went the extra mile to help me with a diagnosis where most doctors made me feel like I was going crazy. Thank you DR. GEENENS...I wish all mental health professionals would learn from YOU!!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

My significant other has been treated by Doug for a long time and I know he has a high regard for him as a doctor. We now live out of state but I was very impressed with the empathy and compassion he he showed both of us the first time I met with him. We were late but he managed to see other patients and work us in between sessions with other patients the same day and is flexible about skype etc.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

He has been the hope i was looking for for my son. I really cannot stress enough how he has seemed to listen to everything i have to say and does not simply say 'your son just needs dicipline". he has given me the tools i need to make our life better. on time and returns phone calls promptly.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

He was a very helpful doctor. I went to him when I was in middle school. Not sure why my parents switched me, but I know it wasn't because he was a bad doctor. He always made me feel comfortable, and at ease. He had a good sense of humor. He had my father and i try a placebo for a pill we considered. Joked about us momentarily passing out and taking our wallets. It was very obvious he was joking, and made me feel relax from the stress from switching pills. I personally saw nothing wrong with the way he treated me. I see him as a great doctor, who helped me through a huge struggle. I highly recommend him. and no, we never passed out and our wallets were never missing.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

Dr Geenens is a wonderful practitioner. I have been his patient for 10 years. He is caring and very responsive to phone calls. I have absolute confidence in his integrity and judgment in my treatment. He seems to be very knowledgable about medications and combinations of med. I would recommend him top anyone wanting top notch psychiatric care.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2009

I have Known Dr. Geenens for 20 years and trust him with my life. Each and every time I have needed psycological help, Dr. Geenens has been ther for me. Dr. Geenens deals with the mentally ill and why would anyone take thier word over a professional. Anyone can make a complaint -- I have only praise and confidence in Dr. Geenens.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Dr. Douglas L. Geenens's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1987)