Ratings for Dr. Jay Makim

This doctor misdiagnosed my condition. When one has neurological issues, you need a doctor who is knowledgeable and compassionate. This doctor demonstrated neither of those requirements. The licensing board needs to look more deeply into his lack of knowledge and expertise. I agree with all those who say his professional manner is totally lacking.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. Makim Has a plan on treatment that appears to be slow to me BUT he is the professional and that is why I chose him for his knowledge, professionalism, Inquisitiveness and ultimately his compassion. I am looking forward to a diagnosis 20 years coming from the medical community and affective treatment which will allow me a life I have so many years longed for and I choose to have faith he will provide those for me.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

I found Dr. Makim to be very kind and knowledgable. He helped me heal and I will recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Dr.Makim was very kind understanding and down to earth I will recommend him! He took time to really listen and talk to me.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

I was given expired medicine! I was told that i should have taken it like i was told to.The doctors and his secretary have bad attitudes.He would always get angry with me because he wanted to just give me medicine and i didnt wanna take it because it was expired. I would never refer him to anyone EVER! I hope he loses his license forever.I heard that he was not supposed to be in the room without another person. He was with me alot of times with out his secretary. I hope that the medical board doesnt give him his license back.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. Makim helped my daughter through a difficult time. She had thoracic spinal cord compression. He consulted and assisted us until she could have surgery at UTMB. She is doing wonderful and I will never forget Dr. Makim's support during this difficult time.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Dr. Makimbilled me twice for the same visit once as a consult and then as an office visit.He refuse to speak to me then tells me to call the billing office He is a crook

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Dr. Makim billed my mother for medical issues that he did not include in his report, as well as an additional 1.5+ hours for a visit that lasted a grand total of 45 minutes. He has refused repeatedly to turn over her medical consent form or file when asked lawfully. When she and I appeared in person requesting the release he became visibly upset and refused to have his office provide a copy of the medical release form. He did, however, repeatedly demand she schedule an appointment to release the form which my mother is legally entitled to before closing his offices' door in her face.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

He has a poor personable skills is short tempered and not prone to explain his medical treatment plan.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Makim is nice, but not at all a good neurologist. He truly seems concerned about his patients, but he is not up to date in his knowledge. Mentally, he seems scattered and not quite put together... His history of having once lost his medical license, etc., makes one question what state he is in now. He is also not affiliated (no admitting privileges!) with ANY hospital!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Jay Makim's Credentials

• Oakland College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1983)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio