Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Jones

Clearly enjoys what he's doing. I found him to be helpful and very pleasant. I've recommended him to friends and family members. He truly cares for people.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Avoid this place. It is impossible to reach them by phone - I had to call the emergency operator to get them to call me back. They confirm everything by regular mail as they do not use email which is ridiculous. Horrible experience. Avoid like the plague.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Very straightforward. Listens.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr Jones has been with me for quite some time now with my Crohn's and he's been nothing but kind, helpful, knowledgeable, and more than willing to listen to my suggestions and thoughts. The bad reviews I see here really don't describe the man I know. He's definitely my favorite doctor out of my medical team. The staff at Mitchell Endoscopy (where he is currently practicing) are fantastic and have gone above and beyond to ensure I got the medications and help I needed promptly and at the best cost I could get. My only complaint is that sometimes he's too friendly and can be a bit slow at getting around to see you at your appointment.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Rude and angry. Not at all interested in his patients. He may be smart, but he is a terrible physician.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

This man could care less about his patients. I actually cried in his office because I was in so much pain and he smirked. There is nothing more I can do for you he said. He had just tried one medication to help my pain and seemed uninterested in helping explore my abdominal pain further. Turns out I had endometriosis wrapped all around my bowels which was diagnosed by another dr. He acted like I was making up the pain. What a jerk!! Even if he couldn't help anymore, he could had some empathy and compassion.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Had a completely different experience than the previous person. After an ER visit I obtained a follow up appointment three days later. I was a new patient and he took time to hear me out about my medical history. To some he may come across as abrupt, but at least he doesn't just write prescriptions and order unnecessary tests. He tells it like it is and worked with me in understanding my medical condition. His staff was the kindest I've ever experienced.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

This is a doctor who should quit while he's ahead. Rude! Comes across ad I am the all knowing Oz and you are the stupid patient. He tells patients point blank that they are not sick, or that what they have is not real and other things that would just make you sick. Takes six weeks to get an appointment for an emergency colonoscopy. Stay away. Many better choices out there.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr. Michael P. Jones's Credentials

• Russian

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

MSP/BC Med