Ratings for Dr. Sheldon Marne

My husband and I have had the pleasure of being patients of Dr. Marne’s for about 7 years, he successfully performed surgery on my husband and has performed procedures on me (I have tired other doctors in the past that told me that they could not do anything about the growth on my toe, but Dr. Marne removed it within in a few minutes and I have not had any sign of problems) Dr. Marne calls to make sure you are doing ok and is always available to his patients. I say “pleasure” of being his patient because Dr. Marne will someday retire but I hope no time soon. So, if you don’t like to have top notch treatment with an honest and extremely knowledgeable doctor that says what he believes and will always be available to you, then GO Somewhere Else and wait on your appointment for weeks, be told that nothing can be done and No Way will other doctors call you to check on you. Dr. Marne has been available for years for his patents and can say and do whatever he wants to in his office and if you don’t like it then don’t go, there any plenty of other doctors to see but only One Dr. Marne.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Don't be misled by his demeanor. When I got past that what I found the most caring, competent doctor I ever had. He called to check on how I was doing after surgery and gave me his HOME number. I can see why some people might not be able to stlick with him after their first impression, but believe me, it's worth it. He is great at what he does.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

I spent 20 Years in the U.S. Armed Forces as a medic, and the best Dr. I know is civilian: Dr. Sheldon Marne. More than being a "character", I have found him to have character, and to know his craft. I was a surgical patient of his on two occasions, and each time the outcome was a 100% perfect, what more could you ask for?

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

The Doctor was very knowledgeable and has been practicing forever.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

I found Dr. Marne to be loud, abrasive and a poor listener. I was displeased with his professional manner, particularly his constant mention of his life history and the fact that he is Jewish. I couldn't care less. My treatment was unsuccessful. I went to another doctor who got it right.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2005

flag | Submitted August 6, 2005

You know how people will describe someone as a "character?" When left to describe Doctor Marne this is the only way I could think to classify him. He is incredibly loud, brash, and sloppy. You can hear him diagnosing patients from anywhere you sit in his office. Also, I felt quite uncomfortable when he started making jokes about my religion. (He's Jewish and he constantly pokes fun of Jews. However, he also pokes fun of other religions and not in the most polite of ways. However, his treatment of my foot problems was quite adept. He performed surgery on my foot that was completely successful. He also prescribed a prevention regimen to keep me from having similar problems and it worked wonderfully. However, I've had family members who have not had the same level of success under his treament, who eventually switched doctors. They had very severe problems though and said he wasn't very flexible in his treatments.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2004

Dr. Sheldon Marne's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1962)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal