Dr. Dhruvkumar R. Patel

Ratings for Dr. Dhruvkumar R. Patel

I'm the author of the two previous notes. I stopped taking all meds and used the marijuana. My feet had been swollen for two years. They immediately began to go back to normal. The swelling in my legs went down. My knees are half the size I'd grown accustomed to. I can go up and down the stairs using both legs. I believe that if I hadn't done this, I might have gone back into the wheel chair.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

I have been feeling guilty about how I rated Dr. Patel. I think that some of my frustration was with the office staff trying to avoid unnecessarily bothering him since he is so busy. I remember that when I wasn't sure I'd be able to walk again, he demanded I wiggle my toe and I was able to, then he exclaimed that feeling would come back! What a relief! And he was right. I have been researching online also and see that I may have frontoethmoid mucoles, a blockage of my sinuses due to the optic neuritis pressure on my orbit, in which case, he was right to not prescribe antibiotics and IV steroids would have been no problem. I think much of my frustration stemmed from his not being more than a neurologist. I wanted him to cover the whole enchilada, or at least take the time to look like he wished he could, but he's just too busy, and he's told be before to get a family doctor for other concerns. -- I'm the fourth and fifth rating.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2008

He was great in the hospital, but office visits in Elyria were done in haste. I think they overbook quite a bit and felt unlistened to. No one told me optic neuritis could develop after a bout of transverse myelitis or I would have been sure to mention my eye pain when in his office although his staff kept pointing out what things need to be attended to by a family doctor. I have vision loss that could have been prevented. I called back regarding my vision loss and spoke to him via office staff and was told if it happens again to come in immediately. They charged $200 for that phone call. I thought I have complications of sinus infection but he didn't exhaust measures finding out. He set me up for IV steriods which would be a no no with an infection. He talked about me to office staff for wanting marinol because it's derived from marijuana, which research indicates helps chronic nerve pain. He said I'd have to be spastic, which I am occasionally, then he whisked out of the room.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2008

He used to be a very good doctor. Now he has three offices and operates out of multiple hospitals. His patients have become nothing more than medical records in a file cabinet. His office staff is rude and incompetent. Expect to wait aleast 1.5 hors after your appointment time (to receive a 3 minute appointment).

flag | Submitted January 4, 2008

Dr. Dhruvkumar R. Patel's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Elyria, OH