Ratings for Dr. David E. Wexler

On the 1st visit to Dr Wexler, for heartburn, I was given an anal exam, which was the most painful experience of my life. It's now 2 months later and still in pain. The exam was so forceful , I developed a hemorrhoid, and bleeding. Felt like I was cut with a knifeand still am treating it. I have an appt to see another specialist. If I would have known, I would have never gone to this office.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I made an appointment with Dr. Wexler. Unknown to me, I saw a Dr. Lesser. Had an endoscopy with biopsies. After 17 days, I had to call the lab on my own to get the results. I went to get the paperwork, and all they had was one page with the lab results I had to get for them, no images or anything else from the endoscopy. No one ever called me with results. This office does not care about their patients. I am now finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Have been a patient of Dr.Wexlers for the past 10 yrs.. I have nothing but good things to say about him. In my particular case,instead of waiting for cancer cells to develope in my esophougas he was proactive and removed the affected area.And like his father, he is the quiet,serious type--no big deal.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Doctor has zero bedside manner, does not explain what he's going to do, and does not listen to patient's concerns. I told him I was in extreme pain and he acted surprised when I nearly cried during the anal examination. He does not provide long-term plans for treatment of fissures and hemorrhoids, he only deals with the immediate problem (barely). He performed routine colonoscopy on me, and I came out of the colonoscopy with a FAR worse situation than before (severe hemorrhoids, and a fissure THAT I HEALED had come back). I spent 6 days on Vicodin after my procedure. It has been THREE months, and I am not healed. I am going to a new doctor. As an aside, I am NOT A PICKY PATIENT and I DO NOT have problems with ANY of my doctors, and I never have. The way he treats patients is unacceptable.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Excellent doctor . Has done 5 colonoscopies for me and I have never had a problem . The girl at the desk in his office can be annoying , sometimes she likes to give advice like she is the doctor. Surgery center he uses is an excellent facility with very kind caring personnell. Dr Wexler is a little quiet and shy , doesn't talk a lot but he knows his stuff. Much better than some other doctors in this field my family members have seen .

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

This Specialist has a strange way of patient care, have to ask question to get answers, office staff is terrible, rude always in a hurry, made phone call to office, to get medical records, without my permnission converted the medical record pickup into an appointment with Dr. Wexler without telling me, and then sending a bill for the unscheduled/unexplained visit & charges. I would never use this doctor again! Beware!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

In my opinion Dr. David E Wexler has NO bedside manner but tends to snear and smerk quite a bit especially if patient asks questions.His office staff is rude requring 3 calls to finally get an appt for endoscopy, cholonoscopy, etc. OFFICE STAFF NEVER CALLS BACK PROVIDING STATUS OF PENDING REQUEST. Staff has no apparent memory stating "huh, what? what's your name??? huh???" Dr will not assist in scheduling appt with another dr if he can not help patient, Dr Wexler will NOT call the dr on patient's behalf....instead Dr Wexler states"appt two months from now is fine, nothing to worry about." Dr. Wexler's memory is HORRIBLE, ask him to forward records to another Dr and it takes 4 telephone calls until someone in offce finally complies. Dr. Wexler has PRIVILEGES at more than 3 hospitals however only goes to Rahway Hospital....IN MY OPINION HE NEEDS A SIGN IN HIS WAITING ROOM STATING THIS INFO. In my opinion if he only wants to work at Garden State Endoscopy he needs to advise patients.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

He is a good Doctor. His bed side manner is a little off, but he seems to know his stuff.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

This Dr. is the best in his field in NJ. Granted he doesn't have the greatest bedside manner open up to him amd he is great ! He has many patients and takes care of them as individuals. He is not a Doctor that just wants to get you out of his office quick like others do,but it doesn't matter, He takes time to answer all of your questions. He gives you straight up answers, no guessing. Returns phone calls always. He takes in emergency patients when going for procedures which shows he is concerned. Granted, you may have to wait a while for his appointments. You cannot see a better doctor for gastroenterology.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

Dr. Wexler, for the benefit of all those who work with you, and especially your patients, please try to be a little NICER.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2008

Dr. David E. Wexler's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1980)

UnitedHealthcare