Ratings for Dr. Teresa K. Hardisty

Dr. Hardisty was extremely unpleasant. She came off judgmental before even looking at my child. She talked down to me and I can't help but feel that the fact that I'm a young mother had something to do with it.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

My son still suffers the results of the horrible care he received from Dr. Hardisty in 2005. It has now been approximately 8 years of suffering, since she prescribed prophylactic antibiotics to my (then) 10 day old baby! He has suffered every day since this. The suffering has only multiplied, as he grows. He now has horrible eczema, asthma and teeth deformities. I would absolutely not recommend Dr. Hardisty to care for a dog, let alone a precious human being.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Hardisty ruined my son’s health. It has been almost 5.5 years, since she administered prophylactic antibiotics that have caused the continual decline of our child’s health. He was only 10 days old when he contracted a UTI. Without first discussing it with our family, Dr. Hardisty chose to put our son on antibiotics indefinitely…”in case he might someday contract another UTI!” OUTRAGEOUS! When we discovered through research how incredibly detrimental prophylactic antibiotics are for infants and toddlers and plus, after asking Dr. Hardisty when he would finally be cured of the UTI and she informing us that he had been cured weeks earlier and he was being treated prophylactically, we immediately took him off the drugs. We were too late, the damage was done. Even though I nursed my son for 5 years, our child now has Asthma, eczema, ADHD, permanent tooth deformities- all of which has been medically linked to being given prophylactic antibiotics as an infant or toddler. Beware!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

I absolutely love her! Sometimes she is a little late but she always makes up for it by taking time with us to answer all our questions. I have 2 sons under 3 and she is always friendly and helpful. She remembers us even when it has been 6 months since we last saw her. Our family recently had to relocate and I am sooo sad I had to leave her as our pediatrician. We plan on moving back in a few years and I have no hesitations about going right back to her for the boys when we do. Everytime my sons were sick she was right on with a diagnosis and they were better in no time. If you are trying to choose a ped I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

I am waisting $10 every time I take my child here. She says the same things over and over again. He has been prescribed just about 8 different type of antibiotics in his short 16 month life span. It seems that she feels she's so good that she does not want to refer him out to someone else who can give me an answer to why he is always sick. The NP's always look at her for an answer and she comes back with a prescription for a diff kind of medicine. I am seriously reconsidering taking him to someone else who can admit that they don't know what is wrong with him. It is frustrating as single working mom to take time off of work and pay for doctor visits that have no results or reassurance. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD HERE!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

I absolutely Love this Doctor. When we came to her from Kaiser, I never realized more how much they just make you feel like a number. Dr. Hardisty is the complete opposite. She remembers my family even when we haven't been in months, and that's not for lack of patients. I rarely have to see a NP unless I'm scheduling last minute, and they are great too. She seems to care for my kids almost as much as I do, which I think is the most valuable trait to find in a Pediatrician. A++, Five stars!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2007

Dr. Teresa K. Hardisty's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Diego, Sch Of Med, La Jolla Ca 92093 (Grad. 1986)